Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Who to see for a vocal tic?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 2:20 pm
I have an appointment with the dr for a referral, but I am just wondering what specialty they will send me to see?

It’s a controllable tic, usually only happens when kid is concentrating hard on something.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 2:20 pm
Blood test for PANDAS

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 2:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have an appointment with the dr for a referral, but I am just wondering what specialty they will send me to see?

It’s a controllable tic, usually only happens when kid is concentrating hard on something.
They will send you to a neurologist who will likely tell you it's not, transient, nothing to do about it.

amother
Petunia

Post Sat, Feb 26 2022, 9:15 pm
Op, if you see this old post, I am curious to hear what ended up happening. My child is currently in this situation.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Feb 26 2022, 9:28 pm
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
Op, if you see this old post, I am curious to hear what ended up happening. My child is currently in this situation.
Did you test for strep?

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 7:44 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Did you test for strep?

Yes. It was strep in the blood, gave various antibiotics, and it keeps coming back.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 5:10 pm
Yes. It was strep in the blood, gave various antibiotics, and it keeps coming back.
Not strep in the blood, strep *titers* in the blood that presumably are cross reacting with anti neuronal antibodies. Does the tic go away when on antibiotics? If yes, can he just stay on antibiotics until you figure out why the strep keeps coming back?

If you know strep is causing the vocal tic the only type of dr you should see is one that is pandas literate.

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 12:59 pm
Not strep in the blood, strep *titers* in the blood that presumably are cross reacting with anti neuronal antibodies. Does the tic go away when on antibiotics? If yes, can he just stay on antibiotics until you figure out why the strep keeps coming back?

If you know strep is causing the vocal tic the only type of dr you should see is one that is pandas literate.

I did see one and he does not have PANDAS.

The tics are still there for months on end. He has been on several antibiotics... they are not helping him.

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 1:08 pm
We had some success with neurofeedback
Hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 6:01 pm
I did see one and he does not have PANDAS.

The tics are still there for months on end. He has been on several antibiotics... they are not helping him.
Are you the same amother from the other tic thread?

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 7:31 pm
Are you the same amother from the other tic thread?

Yes. Can u tell how desperate I am?
Two kids with tics for years. One has it so bad, I went to so many drs and even had surgery done...
I tried the book and tons of remedies. Then I come back to Imamother to hear if anyone went through this....

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 7:37 pm
Sarah Chana has helped my son with tics. She put out a book no more tics available on Amazon. It is the only known cure for tics.
It’s really worth a try

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 7:39 pm
Yes. Can u tell how desperate I am?
Two kids with tics for years. One has it so bad, I went to so many drs and even had surgery done...
I tried the book and tons of remedies. Then I come back to Imamother to hear if anyone went through this....
Im so so sorry Sad Was there anything ever that made them better? Any clues as to what’s causing them? Did you ever try the motrin/Benadryl/robitussin protocol I posted about upthread? What about diet modification ?

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 7:44 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
Sarah Chana has helped my son with tics. She put out a book no more tics available on Amazon. It is the only known cure for tics.
It’s really worth a try

What is her method?

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 7:46 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
It’s really worth a try

Did you do the bach flower remedies ,if yes where do you purchase them?

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 7:54 pm
I took my daughter 12 years old to a highly respected pediatrician here in Antwerp. He says it's from stress and she has fuild behind her ears so he gave us a nose spray for 4 weeks use and a pill, dont know he name will look in the morning. Once a day also 4 weeks
Also tiny homeopathy pills. Will look in the morning. So far I dont see much difference but it takes time. And it's only been a week.

anonymrs

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 8:08 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
I took my daughter 12 years old to a highly respected pediatrician here in Antwerp. He says it's from stress and she has fuild behind her ears so he gave us a nose spray for 4 weeks use and a pill, dont know he name will look in the morning. Once a day also 4 weeks
Also tiny homeopathy pills. Will look in the morning. So far I dont see much difference but it takes time. And it's only been a week.

Pretty cool that a respected pediatrician would be recommending homeopathy in Antwerp. I haven't come across that in the US. I'm curious about the names of all the recommended medications/remedies, if you don't mind posting when you have a chance. Thank you!

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 8:31 pm
Her book is about using Bach Flower Agrimony. Purchased it online. Unfortunately, didn't help for mine. Perhaps it does work for others.

We had used nose sprays/ drops/rinses and many other things, including for his throat. In my case, it does not seem to be an ENT issue.
The only thing I can think of is the correlation of his tics with the internal infection.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 8:32 pm
Her book is about using Bach Flower Agrimony. Purchased it online. Unfortunately, didn't help for mine. Perhaps it does work for others.

We had used nose sprays/ drops/rinses and many other things, including for his throat. In my case, it does not seem to be an ENT issue.
The only thing I can think of is the correlation of his tics with the internal infection.
which internal infection?

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 8:36 pm
Im so so sorry Sad Was there anything ever that made them better? Any clues as to what’s causing them? Did you ever try the motrin/Benadryl/robitussin protocol I posted about upthread? What about diet modification ?

Motrin is a quick fix and might have lessened it, but also not a long term solution. He is a mess from all the antibiotics, probiotics, and other remedies. Diet is not something I want to torture a 9 year old with surrounding siblings who can eat normal.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics