Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Daily meat (vs chicken) dinners
Previous  1  2

yksraya

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 12:42 pm
You can make a beef stew with any meat cubes used for chulent or with beef fischelech (not sure what part of meat that is, looks similar to calechel but is more juicy. I'ts basically pesachig chulent. Soft and yummy.

I make it in a crock pot with liner. Put sauted onions on bottom, cubed potatoes, meat and cover with more cubed potatoes. Add salt, pepper, any other spice you like and water. Make on low flame at least 8 hours. Best if you make it early morning.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 12:51 pm
You can also make pulled beef, either in oven or in crock pot.

You can do a french roast in crock pot. I used to use a recipe with tomato sauce. It was yum. When done, let cool and slice then reheat.

With ground meat you can make easy burgers. Just form balls and press down a little. Dip into bbq sauce and broil on both sides till brown (approx 8-10 min). Or make it on a grill.

Franks and potatoes is a good option for kids. Or franks in blanks etc.

On pesach I made a delicious flanken using a sauce I made out of squeezed orange and lemon juice and sugar. It tasted similar to duck sauce so you can use that and maybe squirt some lemon for a bit of zest.

I put onions (diced, or if you have sauted) in pan, put the flanken on top, and drizzled it with the sauce. Covered the pan and baked it at 250 for 4 hours. Was soft and yum.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 12:55 pm
My kids like beef n brocoli, but that's not so soft for little kids, and only my older kids like it.

You can make shish kabob on grill.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 3:44 pm
Not everyone goes without meat basically for days. Lean red meat is great. I NEVER use the sugary ingredients in a salty dish. None of my books require it
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen