Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured?
  1  2  3  22  23  24  Next

Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured (not a headache, minor seizure, etc.)?
Yes  
 19%  [ 62 ]
No  
 74%  [ 233 ]
Something Else  
 0%  [ 3 ]
Temporarily, but it was addressed and fixed BH  
 4%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 313

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:07 pm
Curious what people will vote here since the chances of a true vaccine injury are extremely low.

momsrus

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:14 pm
I know 2 ppl that were vaccine injured. Both of them fully vaccinate their kids.

One of them got polio from the oral polio vaccine.

Why does he vaccinate his kids? He doesn’t want them to suffer the way he did.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:23 pm
I got cellulitis from the tetanus shot but it was a short term injury / infection lasting a couple of weeks. Obviously still better than getting tetanus.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:56 pm
My baby, who has Down syndrome, developed pneumonia the day after her sixth month shots. Of course I’ll never know for sure but I suspect the shots took a toll on her immune system and made her susceptible to developing the illness from a virus/bacteria that was already present (and her doctor agrees this is a possibility).

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:05 pm
I have a family member allergic to a certain shot. Had an allergic reaction in the Drs office as a kid. Has been exempt from that shot ever since. Her kids get one shot per visit and stay in the Drs office for an hour after the shot is given

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:17 pm
I know a baby that died from a shot. 7 month old.
I also know of a child that started having seizures from the vaccine. But not just one seizure. The child now has a seizure disorder and continues to have seizures.

The parent of the child that died is not the type to fight. She stopped giving shots but gave the ones the school forced her to give. The school asked her to send in a religious exemption because they were very sensitive to her and the whole community knew about her baby that died, but she refused saying that it has nothing to do with religion. They told her either vaccinate or send a religious exemption. She ended up vaccinating the few that was required by law.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:34 pm
I am really curious - not bashing at all! How do they know the 7 month old baby died from the shot?

I have a child with epilepsy. His first seizure was the day he got a bunch of shots when he was 7 weeks old. I am told that he had epilepsy and the stress on his body from the shots caused his first seizure, which makes sense to me. Why should I say that the shots caused his epilepsy?

oneofakind

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:59 pm
Thru work :Approx. 1 yr old applied to early intervention for hospitalized forGuillian Barre syndrome after receiving vaccines. OT told me she had other patients who developed this and patients who got polio from oral polio vaccine.

12 yr old girl developed seizure disorder after receiving Gardasil (which is not mandated)-Grandfather is a Rav and told people the story.

Friend's daughter was slightly allergic to peanuts. Very shortly after receiving a series of shots was hospitalized for pnuemonia and became so allergic to peanuts she walks around with an Epi-pen. People have died from allergies.

Friend's son hospitalized for ITP I think it's called when the body attacks it's own platelets and you can die from internal bleeding. Is now deaf in one ear. Not sure if directly related.

Relative watched how their child lost their abilities after each shot/shots. Is now 20 or 21 with no clear diagnosis (probably because he's vaccine injured and that doesn't fit into any regular category) but unable to speak, probably [crazy], and only walks because his parents became his therapists. And they would not vaccinate again.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:02 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Thru work :Approx. 1 yr old applied to early intervention for hospitalized forGuillian Barre syndrome after receiving vaccines. OT told me she had other patients who developed this and patients who got polio from oral polio vaccine.

12 yr old girl developed seizure disorder after receiving Gardasil (which is not mandated)-Grandfather is a Rav and told people the story.

Friend's daughter was slightly allergic to peanuts. Very shortly after receiving a series of shots was hospitalized for pnuemonia and became so allergic to peanuts she walks around with an Epi-pen. People have died from allergies.

Friend's son hospitalized for ITP I think it's called when the body attacks it's own platelets and you can die from internal bleeding. Is now deaf in one ear. Not sure if directly related.

Relative watched how their child lost their abilities after each shot/shots. Is now 20 or 21 with no clear diagnosis (probably because he's vaccine injured and that doesn't fit into any regular category) but unable to speak, probably [crazy], and only walks because his parents became his therapists. And they would not vaccinate again.

It's not unusual for someone's allergy to become severe after starting off minor. Curious who told them this was the cause?

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:07 pm
I have a child who had a medical issue. I spoke to a natural person in Boro Park in hopes of getting advice from a different angle to help my child.

She insisted my child was "vaccine injured" over my protests. Because he had vaccines, and had this issue (not caused by vaccine).

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:12 pm
I have a medical problem that started shortly after I got a booster as an adult. Can I say with 100% certainty it was caused by the vaccine? No. but there are studies linking the two and I will never give my kids that shot.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:32 pm
My neighbor's child nearly died (turned blue, hospitalized) twice after two different shots. I lived it with her, so it's not like I'm just taking her word for it. She stopped vaccinating.

My neice was sick with high fever for a full week after getting MMR and DTaP at about age 4. Since then she has autistic-like issues. The mother stopped vaccinating.

My coworker's previously unvaccinated 3 y.o. child got the MMR this winter and developed ITP, hospitalized for a week, which the doctor said is an uncommon side effect of the shot. She won't ever "give in" and "just give one shot" ever again.

A classmate of my DD has a brother who developed seizures right after shot/s. (I think the mother said MMR.) Doctor-confirmed. He was an older kid, dunno the age, and suffered from seizures for 6 months until he died from a seizure in his sleep. The mother stopped vaccinating and so did all her sisters.

A coworker's sister gave shots to her two-year old. The kid developed an infection at the site of the injection, got a high fever, was hospitalized for a week, and died in the hospital "from a staph infection". This mother believes that she did her hishtadlus and this was meant to happen and continues to vaccinate.

A neighbor's baby died from SIDS a day after 6 month shots. The mother didn't even put the two together, but when I went to be menachem avel, she mentioned a cute incident that happened the day before the kid passed away of how the doctor wanted a urine sample, so doctor said, we'll give her the shots and she'll pee from the startle of the needle, and that's how it was. This is the only one where you can tell me correlation doesn't equal causation. But because I've heard of enough other stories, I'm fine if this one is a weak one.

momsrus

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:35 pm
oneofakind wrote:

Antibodies build up in the body every time there’s an exposure to the Allergen.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 9:24 pm
How is it that some people can rattle off 10 stories of people they know, and I have (BH) never heard one??

(I do believe in vaccine injuries. But I think they're very rare.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 9:29 pm
In regard to ITP, if someone gets this from the vaccine, they have a much higher chance of getting this from the actual measles in a real severe form. I know someone with one child who had ITP but she vaccinated him with all other shots and all other kids had MMR without ITP. When this outbreak happened, his titers did not show immune so she gave him the second MMR and they monitored his blood (BH he did not get ITP this time) but the risk of getting it from the measles for this particular child was way too high to risk it during an outbreak.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 9:32 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
How is it that some people can rattle off 10 stories of people they know, and I have (BH) never heard one??

Because they just make assumptions. Like the allergy to peanuts kind of assumptions...

Do vaccines contain peanuts?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 9:36 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I am really curious - not bashing at all! How do they know the 7 month old baby died from the shot?

I have a child with epilepsy. His first seizure was the day he got a bunch of shots when he was 7 weeks old. I am told that he had epilepsy and the stress on his body from the shots caused his first seizure, which makes sense to me. Why should I say that the shots caused his epilepsy?

The baby started becoming sick with very high fever a few hours after the shot. Over the next few days the babys condition got worse and worse. At one point the baby started vomiting everything. Baby got a rash over the entire body (the baby's blood completely clotted) babies system attacked itself. Baby stopped breathing while mother was there . Mother did CPR on the baby. Hatzalah came and worked on the baby. And it was all over. It was pretty much obvious that it was from the shot.

About your child with epilepsy, what makes you think it's not from the shot? I assume you have a good reason for thinking so.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 9:41 pm
Most of these stories are assumptions. There is no proof that vaccines caused any of it. Sometimes things are coincidences and sometimes because the body is slightly weaker dealing with vaccines, a baby can easily catch other things or dormant things can show up. None of these stories convince me that vaccines lead to any of this.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 9:43 pm
And children that become so weak from vaccines or develop high fever etc... are the exact kids that are in danger when actually having measles, mumps etc... they of all people should be the ones vaccinated.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 9:45 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

My doctor told me this week that in the non Jewish world if a child tests for strep and has no symptoms they don't treat the child with antibiotics. He told me that he always treats strep because his father who is also a doctor realized that they see a lot of rheumatic fever, much higher than the actual percentage that statistics say. Some Jewish Drs came to the conclusion that it there must be something in the Jewish genes that causes them to have rheumatic fever faster.
There is such a thing as statistics and there is also something that certain genes run in certain communities that make them more susceptible to vaccine injury so they don't follow the reported statistics. There are definitely certain genes that get those type of reactions. If only the medical world would make a list of these genes and test all kids before they vaccinate.
Page 1 of 24   1  2  3  22  23  24  Next Recent Topics