Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Totally clean movies my kids can watch
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 10:38 pm
I'm looking for ideas for movies my totally sheltered kids can watch while we go on vacation. I've showed them Heidi, Secret Garden, Little princess
preferably something I can find on Neflix, or Amazon.
For kids ages 12,10,8
Any other ideas of similar kinds of movies?
(I mean TOTALLY CLEAN, not even one hug from opposite genders)

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 10:41 pm
You will probably do best with older movies, I.e. Mary Poppins or Pollyanna. But you may have to pay to rent them on Amazon. Maybe Charlotte's Web? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

miami85

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:02 pm
I think at least some of these are on the Starz add-on for Amazon Prime which you can get a 2 week free trial.
Cars 1, 2,& 3, have no people in it and the only touching is like a tire-to-tire high five and I know my very tznius conscious brother saw the movie.
I think Inside Out (Pixar) only has a family hug towards the end,
I think the Toy Story movies are fairly clean, though there's a point where a female toy hugs the male toy. But I think that's in Toy story 2.
Finding Nemo, has some "Scary" shark scenes, but no male-female inuendo, I think it's fine for your age-group.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:05 pm
Matilda ( I think it’s clean)
Charlie and the chocolate factory
The Wizard of Oz

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:28 pm
You probably won't find anything totally completely clean & tzenuis that's not a jewish movie.

giselle

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:31 pm
miami85 wrote:
I think at least some of these are on the Starz add-on for Amazon Prime which you can get a 2 week free trial.
Cars 1, 2,& 3, have no people in it and the only touching is like a tire-to-tire high five and I know my very tznius conscious brother saw the movie.
I think Inside Out (Pixar) only has a family hug towards the end,
I think the Toy Story movies are fairly clean, though there's a point where a female toy hugs the male toy. But I think that's in Toy story 2.
Finding Nemo, has some "Scary" shark scenes, but no male-female inuendo, I think it's fine for your age-group.

I don’t think any current Pixar or Disney movies fit the OP’s criteria.

miami85

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:57 pm
giselle wrote:
I don’t think any current Pixar or Disney movies fit the OP’s criteria.

I'm fairly certain that the ones that I mentioned are no worse than the others mentioned. Fwiw, I'm almost positive that in the Wizard of Oz Dorothy hugs either the actual men or their fairytale counterpart of the scarecrow/tin man.
Matilda the principal is pretty scary and the parents are rather nasty, and they might have public displays of affection. Charlie and the Chocolate factory has singing if that matters.

The Despicable Me series/Minions I think are fairly clean also. Despicable Me 2 has a female co-star, but I don't think they really get romantically involved and in the 3rd they are already married, but I don't recall any physical interactions but I only saw the movie once.

Life of Pets I think has almost no people in it. maybe the dogs nuzzle but nothing more than that.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:00 am
No hugging in Mary Poppins! Though I think Bert offers his arm to Mary while they walk over a bridge.
Maybe op should stick to Shirley Temple movies.

chestnut

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:20 am
Mostly music website has Jewish plays/movies for rent

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:39 am
Aren't the Home Alone series completely clean?

What about the complete animated Tintin series?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:23 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

I've not seen tintin but read the books and they are very clean

Home alone is clean but a lot of xmas stuff

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:31 am
Do animals count for touch?

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron is completely clean, but I'm pretty sure the lead horse and a female horse stand near each other at some point.

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:44 am
Animated/Pixar:
Inside out has the father hugging/picking up mother, also a part where the mother regrets for a moment not marrying her former boyfriend or some guy.
I think Despicable me 1 is clean. 2 is not, Margo has a boyfriend, and 3 I don't remember.
Coco I think doesn't have anything problematic, romance-wise. (there's chutzpa and lying and stuff but you know, in the end the bad guys get punished Smile)
Secret life of pets is great because it's all animals.
The Good Dinosaur was great.
Also Monsters, Inc.- because no people, I don't remember if it was that or Monsters University that Mike has a "Girl"monsterfriend, but as far as I remember, no touching- just flirting I think.
Finding Dory, of course, is perfect.
Wall-e doesn't teach great middos.
Horton hears a who I remember as very clean.
One of the Ice Age is okay but I don't remember which. Of course, you might not want to teach your kids the ice age theory... But they'll think it was made up. (they also made up a part about how the moon came to being, so there)
Megamind has no touching but he really wants a girl. It's also kinda scary?
Astroboy is clean aside for a minute where at supper they're like "first grace!" and then "Grace! go turn on the TV!" if your kids don't know anything about grace they won't get the joke. Aside for that it's very good.
The incredibles has hugging etc.
Madagascar 1 was good. (I think)
What else?

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:51 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
No hugging in Mary Poppins! Though I think Bert offers his arm to Mary while they walk over a bridge.
Maybe op should stick to Shirley Temple movies.

Because watching men in their forties grope a young female child is totally fine. Can't Believe It

DVOM

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:00 am
Would you go with a documentary? One of my son's watched a documentary in school this year about Hellen Keller that sounded really interesting. March of the Penguins is supposed to be beautiful.

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:07 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

Home Alone has somewhat foul language.

All new movies have a lot of innuendo, but maybe that will go right over your kids’ heads.

flmommy

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:10 am
Home Alone is not clean. I let my kids watch it and regretted it. Older boy looks at p$rn, bad language etc. I let my kids watch way more then OP and I would not suggest it.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:16 am
Another vote for Hellen Keller and documentaries.
From my experience, kids who don't ever get to watch things are fairly entertained by national geographic.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:30 am
How about Little House on the Prairie reruns?

Not sure if the fact that they attend church will bother you, but the series, esp the early seasons, are appropriate.

There was a 1985 film of Anne of Green Gables. Would that work for you?

How about the 1970s animated version of The Hobbit?

Or the 1996 film version of Gulliver's Travels?

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:34 am
Matilda has some s-xual innuedos that I didn't understand until watching it again as an adult.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics