Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Hair off my face!!! Will deleting ear tabs help??

flmommy

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:44 am
I hate having my sheitel hang in my face. One reason is I have a small head and my sheitel hanging in my face makes it look even tinier. I have no bangs I’m talking about the sides. If I have my sheitel macher cut off the ear tabs would that help at all? I’m too old to look good in a fall so that isn’t the solution. I try clipping the sides back in a barrette or clip but also feel that this looks very casual and young. Any other suggestions? I want to be able to see my ears!

cholentfan1

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:02 am
is it a curled sheital? I have mine curled away from my face which really helps. My straight sheital I have the sheitalmacher style it so that the sides are pulled back slightly with hidden grips-but she does it so you can't actually see the grips and it doesn't look too young (imo).
I would talk to your usual sheital macher and see if she can offer any solutions-sometimes just styling something differently makes such a difference

sympa

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:02 am
Would you consider cutting it a bit? Sometimes shaping out the front and thinning it out makes a big difference. Also, have a really good sheitel macher check that the cap fits right or if it needs to be taken in or something. I'd definitely go that route before removing the tabs.
If you don't want to do anything that 'invasive', ask the sheitel macher if she can blow it back, and do pin curls when you're not wearing it. Also, see if she can show you how to pin it back in a way that suits you. I've seen grandmothers do this and it doesn't look too young if done right.

sky

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:48 am
Maybe it’s the cut or style of the sheitel
Right now the style seems to be a very blunt cut that hangs in the face.
A more styled cut can train the hair away from the face. I don’t find many of the young sheitel machurs know how to cut and style the hair off the face. The blunt cut is easy. Maybe if you find someone who can do a more intricate cut and teach you how to pin it then it will be better.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:06 am
Taking off the tabs will change the shape of your face and I don't think you'll be happy with the results. If you don't like the way you look in a band fall then you probably won't like the look without the tabs.
Have the hair dresser play around for you so you can test out how you like the hair feathered away from your face or curled away from your face. If you like it then she can cut it a bit more to accommodate the style and frame it more for your face.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:58 am; edited 3 times in total

flmommy

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:06 am
Cholentfan1 hidden grips??? Can you tell me more please?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels