Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Mirror art idea

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:37 pm
Hi, looking to pick some creative brains.
I want to put my wedding invitation on a mirror.
I was thinking to print it out on a transparency and glue it on, but what glue will not show? How can I do it that it looks like the invitation is "printed" onto the mirror? Or any other ideas for a similar effect?
(Anonymous because dont want you walking into my house and seeing my wedding invitation mirror and knowing who I am lol)

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 2:03 pm
Thermal Transfer Paper: https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY/c.....lass/

or pay someone to make vinyl lettering for you (Cricut)

You could print it on a large clear label, but it will probably be visible that it's a label.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 2:24 pm
Hmm that sounds cool...
Any other ideas that are maybe more "home made?"

OutATowner

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 4:37 pm
You can do a transparency and use glue dots for each corner, so it looks uniform, neat, and like it is part of the design.

Yummymummy3

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 4:38 pm
If you stencil it then can you spray some mirror spray paint on it and then remove the stencil? Would that work?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 4:42 pm
Yummymummy3 wrote:
If you stencil it then can you spray some mirror spray paint on it and then remove the stencil? Would that work?

I don't know if it works, since it's small letters, details, etc.
I've done that before when it just says let's say Jones Family...
Do you think it can work with something so small?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 4:43 pm
OutATowner wrote:
You can do a transparency and use glue dots for each corner, so it looks uniform, neat, and like it is part of the design.

Right, or maybe cover it up with other things I want to put on... (Peices of the broken glass, dried rose petals, etc.) It could look really good Smile

Yummymummy3

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 4:46 pm
Can you blow up the invitation to make it bigger and clearer or just use some of the invitation at a bigger size?
How else could you get it to be clear?
Could you print it onto eg silver glittery sticker and then just peel it and stick it on?

OutATowner

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right, or maybe cover it up with other things I want to put on... (Peices of the broken glass, dried rose petals, etc.) It could look really good Smile

That sounds nice! I wouldn't necessarily put something on all 4 corners though, you dont want t to look too scrapbooky. I wish I could see a picture when it's done!

paperflowers

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:15 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.....amp=1

Link to wikihow on transferring an image onto glass. I don’t think the mention this, but you first need to print a mirror image of your invitation or your text will be backwards.

Very cool idea!

OutATowner

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:37 pm
paperflowers wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.wikihow.com/Transfer-an-Image-Onto-Glass%3famp=1

Link to wikihow on transferring an image onto glass. I don’t think the mention this, but you first need to print a mirror image of your invitation or your text will be backwards.

Very cool idea!

That's very interesting. I don't think you need to do mirror image though. It's almost like you are taping down the image by transferring the image to the tape.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:04 pm
paperflowers wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.wikihow.com/Transfer-an-Image-Onto-Glass%3famp=1

Very cool idea!

It is very cool! Thank you, will look more into this method and see what I come up with

flmommy

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:52 pm
I have no idea of cost but what about doing a lucite invite? What will people do with invite after the event unless it’s your mom?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics