Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How to grill like a pro?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:14 pm
want to try grilling for first time but I need recipes. how do I make my own hamburgers? do I need to marinate vegetables to grill them? how do I grill corn? chicken? any and all tips appreciated.
anon bc I've been asking around.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 10:09 am
bump

MiriFr

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 10:15 am
-You need to marinate chicken for sure! I like to do beer, a little oil, salt+pepper+garlic+basil.
-corn- plop it on the grill until slightly charred all around (keep turning). Add salt and margarine when ready to eat
-The secret to the best burger lies in the meat. I get ground chuck (it's a ratio of 80% meat to 20% fat, so it stays really juicy even after being zapped by fire). I dont add much to it, because then it's a giant squished meatball and not a burger. Knead the meat so it stays together. I knead until the patty sorta sticks to my hand when I turn it over. I add a little garlic, onion soup mix, and a small squirt of bbq sauce. Then shape the patties and sprinkle salt JUST BEFORE YOU GRILL. If you put salt into the meat at any point beforehand, it'll draw out the moisture and dry it out.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 10:43 am
thanks for the meat tips.
anything else? what about veggies?

MiriFr

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 11:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks for the meat tips.
anything else? what about veggies?

If u want them unadulterated, just brush on olive oil, salt, pepper. Grill till slightly charred all around.
If u wanna get fancy, let them marinate for like 15 min in a few splashes of oil and soy sauce, salt+pepper+garlic. And then grill.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 11:04 am
I just read this and want to try it! https://www.bonappetit.com/gal.....lling

samantha87

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 11:07 am
Delicate veggies like mushrooms need marinating. Check out your library for a good how-to grill book. My husband swears by this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Barbecu.....9430/

cbg

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 11:14 am
Italian dressing is a great marinade for both chicken and veggies.

You can skewer the veggies, just make sure to soak the skewer in water so they don’t burn.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 12:05 pm
thanks everyone. should corn go on raw or cooked?
what other veggies can I grill?

Rappel

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 12:06 pm
Corn raw, in the husk

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 12:08 pm
Rappel wrote:
Corn raw, in the husk

I've been finding lots of creatures under the husk this season. So I would recommend husking and cooking on the stove top, and finishing on the grill for some smoky char.

giselle

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 12:38 pm
The best way to make burgers is to buy them in the store.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:53 pm
Not OP, but also working on upping my grilling game this summer. Any specific tips regarding steak and hot dogs - pre-grill prep, spices and marinades, tips while cooking, etc.?

sky

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:37 pm
giselle wrote:
The best way to make burgers is to buy them in the store.

I find home made is yummier.

I used to make this hamburger recipe :
http://www.cookkosher.com/inde.....mid=2

But lately I find if I just gently form patties with no fillers it is just as delicious.

Chicken curlets I like to marinade first. If I don’t have time I just toss in a bag with olive oil and spices.
A very easy low fat chicken marinade without oil: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 T lemon juice, 1 T garlic powder.
Don’t overbake.
You can also use dark chicken cutlets. They don’t dry out as quickly.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:44 pm
No fillers in burgers. Just fresh crushed garlic, kosher salt and other seasonings. If you're grilling them, form an indentation in the middle so it doesn't curl up while grilling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen