Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Passing the mother in law test - criterion
Previous  1  2

yentaof8

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 9:12 pm
Boruch Hashem I have been blessed with 6 sons and I pray every day that they marry a kind, considerate and family-oriented wife since ultimately it will be up to her how often we get together and spend time with each other. There are many wonderful things I hope to emulate from my MIL but I also know that there are some things to avoid to make it even more pleasant for them to be a part of our lives. I know this sounds a bit like walking on eggshells but it would be very important to me for them to feel close to us.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 12:03 pm
give your son money (a lot ) and stipulate in inclosed letter that it is for *him* over and over in inclosed letter

complain about how dirty the house is (just make sure you only do so when visiting d-I-l when she is already well overdue and make sure she know it)

buy other d-I-l things you would NEVER buy one of them because she is too nice/quiet to care (complain). And then explain to your son that you only do it because really dil's parents should.

steal dil/son's nice new knives bcz "the hotel's plastic ones don't cut well enough" and forget to return them. Then continually ask dil why she is cutting with plastic knives. (same visit?) LOL

eat d-I-l's specially saved treats from your son when she isn't looking, but always tell dh how good it was infront of her.

complain that dil wants her huband to DIE because it is her fault that he sneeks junk food at work.

complain about how noisy, annoying, and kidlike grandchildren are. then go on tol say how all the other grandchildren are angels Exploding anger

so do I get the reward?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 12:59 pm
we live 3 blocks away from my MIL, and my parents live an hour away and we see mine much more than them. I think im a bad DIL. and really im glad she doesnt pop over, bec u can eat off the floors in her house, and mine is not exactly like that, so I would be really embarressed. its not like im always a mess, but when I am.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 1:03 pm
Quote:
so do I get the reward?

If these things really happened, then yes, you do get the reward. And I thought my mother-in-law was crazy.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 2:23 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
so do I get the reward?

If these things really happened, then yes, you do get the reward. And I thought my mother-in-law was crazy.

Well all of them are my mil except for the 1st, that's actually my dear old granny. My dear mommy found them (ie it was something that happened over and over) and blew her top! Exploding anger

Needless to say my parents are unfortunately no longer married to each other. Crying

I still really love my grandmother though, I'm her favorite Very Happy . Oh and I am constantly begging dh to have his mother come visit (love her too, or am I just a sweetheart that's a glutton for punishment?) Oh well, guess labor pains aren't the only pains that Hashem in all His rachmanus lets us forget about in between times. Wink LOL Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics