Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Lace Top wigs
Previous  1  2

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 5:48 pm
They show your actual scalp. That’s asur according to my rabbi.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 5:49 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I should really start a spin off but are they accepted by poskim? I'd assume so as the halacha is just to have the hair covered but so many times you hear people saying how it can't be ok it looks so natrual and I'm wondering if there's any truth to that.

Our Yeshivish Rav/Posek explains that he holds like Rav Moshe Feinstein Zt"l, that the wig may look like very natural hair (but must be tzanuah just like any real hair should) because according to Rav Moshe the reason women cover hair after marriage is because after marriage it takes on a sensual ruach that must be covered and reserved for ones husband. So its just that the ruach must be physically covered, whether with a snood, a pot, or someone elses hair.

Again, im sure other Rabannim may hold differently, but I posted this to show that yes, there are many right wing Rabannim that hold shaitels may look totally natural.

ETA if they actually show your scalp, I don't know about psaks. Im talking about wigs that cover, but look exactly like real hair.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 5:49 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
They show your actual scalp. That’s asur according to my rabbi.

The net is see through?

Angel

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 3:59 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Our Yeshivish Rav/Posek explains that he holds like Rav Moshe Feinstein Zt"l, that the wig may look like very natural hair (but must be tzanuah just like any real hair should) because according to Rav Moshe the reason women cover hair after marriage is because after marriage it takes on a sensual ruach that must be covered and reserved for ones husband. So its just that the ruach must be physically covered, whether with a snood, a pot, or someone elses hair.

Again, im sure other Rabannim may hold differently, but I posted this to show that yes, there are many right wing Rabannim that hold shaitels may look totally natural.

ETA if they actually show your scalp, I don't know about psaks. Im talking about wigs that cover, but look exactly like real hair.

It may look natural but I think that with the lace top your hair is not fully covered. It's a lace after all.
As far as I know, Ita Fisher and Yaffi Kaminer also do lace top

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 4:14 am
Thank you Angel for your input and suggestions. Wow the Ita Fischer ones and the Yafi ones look amazing! Do they only sell in Israel?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:49 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
The net is see through?

Yes. But you wear a cap first then the wig.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:32 am
SuperWify wrote:
Yes. But you wear a cap first then the wig.

That's what I was thinking I would do it I had the option of a lace top wig 😂

I guess great minds think alike

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:56 am
How much is an Eva and cloe lace top wig?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 2:52 pm
ladYdI wrote:
Who’s the old blonde lady in Flatbush?’
She may have e moved to bp

What a “nice” way to describe her. Would you like if someone described your mother (or you, in a few years) like that? Can't Believe It

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:50 pm
Since someone asked....
Many Rabbanim hold that it's completely asur to wear a natural looking wig- even though the hair is physically covered the wig has the same attraction as hair. And Rav Falk clearly explains that the hair of a woman becomes erva after marriage- erva means that it has the potential to attract provocative attention from men. So the point of a married woman covering her hair is to ensure that she doesn't look atttactive to other men- a natural looking wig defeats the very purpose of the mitzvah of hair covering.

There was a massive asifa in Lakewood recently and Rav Forcheimer and the other speakers there were very clear that natural looking wigs are not okay. They also said that the new lace too wigs are completely forbidden (as are the lace fronts)
Rebbetzin Halberstadt said that there was a gathering of many sheitel machers in Lakewood before the asifa and many agreed not to sell the lace front wigs.
Rav Forcheimer and Rebbetzin Halberstadt said the wig is not allowed to be longer than two inches past the shoulders but really it should not be past shoulder length- and of course the shorter the better
I heard many women in Lakewood cut their wigs after this asifa:)

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:54 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Since someone asked....
Many Rabbanim hold that it's completely asur to wear a natural looking wig- even though the hair is physically covered the wig has the same attraction as hair. And Rav Falk clearly explains that the hair of a woman becomes erva after marriage- erva means that it has the potential to attract provocative attention from men. So the point of a married woman covering her hair is to ensure that she doesn't look atttactive to other men- a natural looking wig defeats the very purpose of the mitzvah of hair covering.

There was a massive asifa in Lakewood recently and Rav Forcheimer and the other speakers there were very clear that natural looking wigs are not okay. They also said that the new lace too wigs are completely forbidden (as are the lace fronts)
Rebbetzin Halberstadt said that there was a gathering of many sheitel machers in Lakewood before the asifa and many agreed not to sell the lace front wigs.
Rav Forcheimer and Rebbetzin Halberstadt said the wig is not allowed to be longer than two inches past the shoulders but really it should not be past shoulder length- and of course the shorter the better
I heard many women in Lakewood cut their wigs after this asifa:)

BH. The situation has become absurd. Extra long, super natural wigs have been finding their way to EY in recent times (before it was well beyond the budget of your average Israeli) and it's sad to see. Hopefully there'll be a return of more eidel sheitels soon.

Angel

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:54 pm
Rabbi Falk always said, just like a woman is not embarassed with her diamond ring on her finger, she does not have to be embarassed with people seeing that she covers her hair.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:08 am
I know Yafi is selling lace caps as well
they look insanely natural
therefore according to what weve learnt they not lechatchila!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics