Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o s/o mashpia

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:13 pm
Seems the other thread was removed mid-conversation. I was in middle of responding to the poster who claimed the entire concept may be fascinating but does not relate to her since those roles don't come naturally to her or her husband. She ends her post by saying, "But what do I know, I don't have a long, white beard?"

Here is my reply:

No need for the sarcasm. Was just trying to explain the foundation of the concept since many posters didn't seem to understand it properly. In no way should this be an endorsement of the article posted here or anything related...If you read my entire post, you'll see I wrote that BOTH giving and receiving are found in males and females but one is manifested more strongly in a male during procreation and one in a female.

If anyone is genuinely interested in learning the entire concept properly, I suggest reading the book "Circle, Arrow, Spiral" by Miriam Kosman.

(Let's try to keep the tone of this thread respectful and to steer clear from bashing.)

watergirl

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:51 pm
The thread was hidden because it turned into a LH discussion of a particular rabbi and I don't have time to clean it up now.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:58 pm
It's possible to understand what someone is saying and to still disagree.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 3:29 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
It's possible to understand what someone is saying and to still disagree.

This. Have read “Circle, Arrow, Spiral” and have heard Miriam Kosman (and others). As noted in other thread - I strongly disagree with this construct, which does not match (my) reality.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Seems the other thread was removed mid-conversation. I was in middle of responding to the poster who claimed the entire concept may be fascinating but does not relate to her since those roles don't come naturally to her or her husband. She ends her post by saying, "But what do I know, I don't have a long, white beard?"

Here is my reply:

No need for the sarcasm. Was just trying to explain the foundation of the concept since many posters didn't seem to understand it properly. In no way should this be an endorsement of the article posted here or anything related...If you read my entire post, you'll see I wrote that BOTH giving and receiving are found in males and females but one is manifested more strongly in a male during procreation and one in a female.

If anyone is genuinely interested in learning the entire concept properly, I suggest reading the book "Circle, Arrow, Spiral" by Miriam Kosman.

(Let's try to keep the tone of this thread respectful and to steer clear from bashing.)

As other posters have said before me, it is not about becoming enlightened and learning a new way of doing things. Women who responded to you have read your recommended book and the idea still doesn’t resonate. For many people in many marriages, the concept just doesn’t work. It isn’t against the natural order of things either as a woman gives way more during procreation than a man. All a man gives is a tiny sperm, albeit one brimming with genetic greatness. Not only do women give an equivalent in their egg, but they are giving something they have had since before their own birth. And they are giving their unborn child nutrients. Then, the man can receive the newborn child after said child finishes incubating in the uterus provided for by the woman.

And I don’t have a long white beard either. That is a fact, not sarcasm.

mammale

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 9:42 am
I saw the original thread, but didn't have time to read. OP, could you please post the article again?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics