Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Baby name you love but will never use?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:21 pm
The baby name threads got me thinking..

What are some baby names you love but will never use? Either because it's not an accepted name in your community, DH hates it, or any other reason?

I love the name Levi (for a boy, obviously) but I won't use it because my husband is a levi and I feel like it would sound weird for a kid/man to be Levi (middle name) halevi. Dunno just sounds odd to me.

Anyone else?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:38 pm
I love Shoshana! But it really wouldn't work with our last name, which also starts with Sh- and is somewhat long.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:38 pm
I love the name ayala but my husband dated an ayala seriously and wouldnt hear of it.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:41 pm
I always liked the name Binyomin, but it’s my FIL’s name. I hope to never use it.

Rappel

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:42 pm
I love the name Shimon, but our last name would set that kid up for bullying, for sure. (Now y'all can guess what it is Wink)

I also, secretly, love the name and story of Avshalom. But for obvious reasons I can't use it.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:43 pm
I like the name Aliza, but my grandmother's name is Fraida, and some say it's the same name in Hebrew. My grandmother should live to 120! I wouldn't use the name.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:46 pm
For some reason I recently fell in love with the name chana. And it happens to be a family name and I'm due with a girl very soon. But dh has a bad association so I'm not pushing it.

momsrus

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:46 pm
There are alot of names I love but we only name after grandparents and those names are not in my family.

OutATowner

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:48 pm
Avital
Netanel
Eliana
Ayala (just dont understand the meaning)
Uriel

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:49 pm
Rappel wrote:
I love the name Shimon, but our last name would set that kid up for bullying, for sure. (Now y'all can guess what it is Wink)

I also, secretly, love the name and story of Avshalom. But for obvious reasons I can't use it.

You could use a middle name as a buffer.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:49 pm
OutATowner wrote:
Avital
Netanel
Eliana
Uriel

Ayala is a female deer

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:50 pm
Rappel wrote:

Why can't you use avshalom?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:52 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
For some reason I recently fell in love with the name chana. And it happens to be a family name and I'm due with a girl very soon. But dh has a bad association so I'm not pushing it.

Thats funny, I have a daughter chana. I had a nuetral relationship with it but now I love it ! Im pregnant and I want to name a boy shmuel (after chanas son)
My DH is the youngest and not one of his siblings gave the name chana after is grandmother because they dont like CH names. My fil was shocked and so touched we gave it to our 1st born ..

chipmunks

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:54 pm
OutATowner wrote:
Avital
Netanel
Eliana
Uriel

An ayala is a type of gazelle and I think it's in Shir haShirim. Also, Yaakov Avinu says "Naftali ayala" or similar when he's bentching his sons.

Why wouldn't you use the others? I also love Avital.

Rappel

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:57 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
You could use a middle name as a buffer.

What would that look like?

Shimon Levi Ben Shetah? LOL and we live right next to Shechem too. Very apropos.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:57 pm
chipmunks wrote:
An ayala is a type of gazelle and I think it's in Shir haShirim. Also, Yaakov Avinu says "Naftali ayala" or similar when he's bentching his sons.

Why wouldn't you use the others? I also love Avital.

That's funny, I love both the names Naftali and Ayala but DH dislikes them both Mad

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:59 pm
Tzippi.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:59 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Thats funny, I have a daughter chana. I had a nuetral relationship with it but now I love it ! Im pregnant and I want to name a boy shmuel (after chanas son)
My DH is the youngest and not one of his siblings gave the name chana after is grandmother because they dont like CH names. My fil was shocked and so touched we gave it to our 1st born ..

What's wrong with CH-names? Scratching Head

Rappel

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 1:00 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Why can't you use avshalom?

I mean, he did rebel against G-d's Anointed One, and ended up a hanging pincushion. Most people view him as rather wicked. For all those reasons, I couldn't do that to a kid.

chipmunks

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 1:02 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
That's funny, I love both the names Naftali and Ayala but DH dislikes them both Mad

I also really pushed for Naftali but DH couldn't stand that guy from yeshiva or something so eventually I let it go. (We ended up having a girl that time anyway Smile )
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names