Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
MRSA Update
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:51 pm
I had pimples that doctor said looks like MRSA or another kind of staph, and went on a round of antibiotic. About two weeks after that I got another pimple, and I let it go away on its own.
This week I got a huge pink, warm to the touch painful mark on my leg and I went to the doctor. He said it's an abscess, probably MRSA, and gave me a different antibiotic.

So I'm taking the second antibiotic (Bactrim), along with probiotics, and just want to know if anyone had something (natural remedy or something) that helped them get rid of MRSA for good.

Surrendered

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:00 pm
Miracle clay (from Natures Cure)!!! Ask any Health food store

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:09 pm
why "probably"? why are they throwing antibiotics at you without testing to SEE if it's MRSA?

I don't understand health care in 2019.

Refuah shleimah and may you find a doctor who can give you a DEFINITIVE diagnosis so you get on the right med for you.

happyness

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:13 pm
My son actually has a MRSA. I put bactroban for a few days, then went to the dr because he was still in terrible pain. He is now sitting in the bath with epsom salt, I keep changing the water. I popped it a bunch of times, and lots of pus is coming out. I also washed him with hibiclens, which the dr recommended. I hope to avoid antibiotics.
I have heard miracle clay is good too. Make a paste with water and place onto the MRSA, then wrap syran wrap around it to keep it on.

happyness

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:13 pm
Surrendered wrote:
Miracle clay (from Natures Cure)!!! Ask any Health food store

Do you put it on as a paste, as I wrote? I have found that friends swear by it but bactroban did the job way better.
What am I doing wrong?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:17 pm
I asked the doctor about miracle clay and he said it takes care of that pimple but doesn't cure the infection in general, and I had many pimples, not just one.
Also the one I have now is an abscess with no pus...
Also, I tried miracle clay for my daughter when she had MRSA and it made it pus till it bled and then bleed and it just got worse and worse. So we went to the doctor, took a round of antibiotic and it all went away.

I will buy hibiclens now.

Has anyone heard of Manuka Honey?

mommyfish

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:21 pm
My daughter got a bug bite last summer that turned into MRSA. They tried popping it but didn’t help. She needed surgery and was hospitalized for three days. The recovery was so painful with visiting nurses coming to clean the wound every day. Then there was bleach baths for six week...not a fun saga. Refuah shelaima!

Surrendered

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:25 pm
Me and my kids are very prone to getting MRSA. We tried many natural remedies, some helped quicker than others but it came back Eventually- PRID from the pharmacy, milk from goat- straight from the goat, vitamins- bromolaine + apple cider vinigar (we crushed it, blended it with a drink) kept it off as long as we were taking it).
Miracle clay was helpful as well. We take it internally (drink it with juice). As well as make a paste and wrap on the MRSA.
Refuah Sheleima

creditcards

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:30 pm
Surrendered wrote:
Me and my kids are very prone to getting MRSA. We tried many natural remedies, some helped quicker than others but it came back Eventually- PRID from the pharmacy, milk from goat- straight from the goat, vitamins- bromolaine + apple cider vinigar (we crushed it, blended it with a drink) kept it off as long as we were taking it).
Miracle clay was helpful as well. We take it internally (drink it with juice). As well as make a paste and wrap on the MRSA.
Refuah Sheleima

What worked the best?

lora

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:38 pm
manuka honey actually helps for the infection. my sister tried everything for her son and although it still comes back sometimes it seems to have been the most effective.
apple cider vinegar to. it tastes really bad but it helps the body fight off the infection and can be diluted.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:39 pm
What do you do with the manuka honey? how is it used?

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:02 pm
Mrs. Apter in Monsey helped a family member tremendously with MRSA. I was helped through her for something else. I think her stuff is amazing. I (swear) by her products.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:19 pm
Because I'm the only one to write an infectious disease response, I'm going anon with all the anti med stuff these days. Staph aureus lives in the nose/nasal passages. You or someone in your home is a resevoir of Staph. I would treat you with bacatracin in your nose using a q tip once a day.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:22 pm
mrsa miracle orally (from hfs), bentonite clay paste, mrsa miracle, manuka honey and ichtammol ointment topically.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:41 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Because I'm the only one to write an infectious disease response, I'm going anon with all the anti med stuff these days. Staph aureus lives in the nose/nasal passages. You or someone in your home is a resevoir of Staph. I would treat you with bacatracin in your nose using a q tip once a day.

For how long?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:44 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:

We did that. It didn't help.

What helped?

Orally, probiotics, magnesium taurate, manuka honey, grapefruit seed extract, and cryptolepsis. We use this all the time as prevention, even without visible, active infections.

To treat infections topically as they happen, a mix of manuka honey, grapefruit seed extract, and cryptolepsis applied to the skin as soon as redness/warmth of the skin begins to develop. Keep it covered. Change bandage and reapply every 12 hours.

Overall, the infections happen so infrequently now BH when they used to be at least weekly. And when they do happen, we treat it immediately and BH have not had a bad outbreak in a very long time.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:48 pm
Sometimes you need both.donthe abx if needed & the natural stuff.
Do the MRS A it works miracles!
I’ve also found a piece of onion very helpful to pull the puss out.

Last edited by amother on Sun, May 30 2021, 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total

momX4

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:59 pm
At the first sign of MRSA, you need to soak in Epsom salt a few times a day. Don't let the pimple grow. It needs to get soft and drain. Put on bactraban and keep covered with a bandaid until it heals.

Use Hibocleanse when you shower, a few times a week.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:08 pm
For people with recurrent MRSA, the bacteria mutates and becomes resistant to the antibiotics, resulting in infections that spin out of control very quickly and can't be contained with medication. Using any combination of the things mentioned in this thread can help without causing that problem. Save the antibiotics for a true emergency.

Speaking from experience. It's very scary.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:10 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
why "probably"? why are they throwing antibiotics at you without testing to SEE if it's MRSA?

I don't understand health care in 2019.

Refuah shleimah and may you find a doctor who can give you a DEFINITIVE diagnosis so you get on the right med for you.

Health care is a scarce resource. Unless supply is increased, people will have to settle for inferior care in order for their to be any availability for anyone.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics