Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Adoption process (in israel)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:24 am
Has anyone gone through the adoption process in israel in the last few years?
I know that there is an initial meeting, but then after that, there are a few meetings that the couple has to go to over a period of months. I wanted to hear more about those meetings.
And connected to that, how do I tell work that I will need to miss a bit of time over the next few months?

Any information would be so greatly appreciated.

grace413

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:48 am
Don't know anybody who has adopted here recently but as far as I know it's a long drawn out process. Sorry, don't mean to be discouraging.

https://www.molsa.gov.il/Popul......aspx

this is link to the government office that deals with adoption.

Re work, you just tell them you need some time off for personal reasons. Depending on your workplace you will get glares, sympathy or indifferent responses.

I'm an adoptive mother but we adopted in the states and my kids are young adults.

Feel free to pm if I can be of any support.

Hatzlacha.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 5:14 am
Depending on your manager, feel free to tell them that you're going through the process of adopting, and that you need to go to this meeting. This is a family oriented country - they'll must likely work with you.

The only people I know whom are adopting were fostering the same boy for the last decade, so their process will be different from yours.

I hope you come back on here to share your journey with the rest of us -- it's an unfamiliar process here, and we can all benefit from your experience.

Hatzlacha and bracha on your quest!

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:17 am
Hatzlacha! I know someone who adopted a few years ago but she was on a waiting list for 8 years.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:15 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Hatzlacha! I know someone who adopted a few years ago but she was on a waiting list for 8 years.
Interesting. I also know someone who was on the waiting list for 8 years. I wonder if its the same person. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions