Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
NY to Baltimore on Friday

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:15 am
What's the latest I can leave?? Anyone done this before?

hotcocoa1234

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:19 am
I've done it many times
You need to give yourself atleast 4.5/hours because there is always a lot of traffic.
4.5 hours if you're the type to drive very fast or in the shoulder if needed LOL

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:20 am
From flatbush to Baltimore is 200 miles and we easily and frequently drive it in under/about 3.5 hours. Shabbos starts after 8 this week, so even allowing extra time for unpredictable stuff, you can easily make it.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:21 am
I wouldn't leave after 12 -1(at the very latest). I've gone the opposite direction on many Fridays recently and it's taken over 6 hours leaving then. It seems like there is a lot of summer traffic.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:04 am
Tons of beach traffic in the summer. I've heard of it taking btwn 6-8 hours on this time of year. Not to mention possibility of a bad accident and one of the bridges being closed, then you really will be stuck. Personally I would leave no later then 10. And I'd take some matzah and grape juice with me. I've heard too many horror stories.

sky

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:08 am
At least 7 hours. You can definetly hit a lot of beach traffic along the way. Especially in deleware.
We were always told to give ourselves double time on Friday.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:09 am
Ty! Everyone! Iyh plan to leave at 1!

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:48 pm
As one who has lived on both ends of the route and visiting the other....plan for traffic. On a holiday weekends it can take as long as 7 hours, and without traffic 3 1/2-4. But now that it's summer there will be beach traffic. Better to arrive early and have time to kill than arrive with shkiah (Been there done that--not pleasant). That said Shabbos is late, so leaving at 1 should be fine.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 2:28 pm
"Should" being the operative word. A few weeks ago there was a bad accident near one of the bridges and traffic was backed up for hours. I think it was on a Friday, too. I think you are taking a real chance during beach weather when you know there will anyway be extra drivers on the road. This goes both ways, btw.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries