Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Rental in Yerushalayim near old city?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 10:33 pm
Looking for advice for staying in Yerushalayim (walking distance to old city) for a week toward the end of August. Are there reasonable rentals (just for two people)?
What would you suggest for Shabbos, if we want to walk to the Kotel?
Any and all advice appreciated!
Thank you!!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:48 pm
Go on AirBnb

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:49 am
There are lots of rentals, some inside the Old City itself. The question is what you consider walkable. Jerusalem is a hilly city. Also, what price do you consider reasonable? The further you get from the center of things, generally the less expensive it will be.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:37 am
I think we would walk up to one hour for the Kotel.
I went onto airbnb and saw some things right outside of the old city, but as far as I know it's not as much of a residential neighborhood? What other neighborhoods would be good to look at (for airbnb)?
Thanks!

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think we would walk up to one hour for the Kotel.
I went onto airbnb and saw some things right outside of the old city, but as far as I know it's not as much of a residential neighborhood? What other neighborhoods would be good to look at (for airbnb)?
Thanks!

Talbiyeh is the closest residential neighborhood. That's quite close. But if you are willing to walk further, consider Rechavia, Shaarei Chesed, the German Colony and Baaka, all of which are residential and close enough to walk.
The best thing to do is to plug the address of the rental into Google maps and see how far it takes to walk.

ces

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:49 am
I'm currently staying at this apartment:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/33775022
It's on Haneviim, 20 minute walk to the Kosel through shaar Yaffo. The apartment itself is pretty new and very nice. There is a parking garage and it's right near Meah shearim as well.
You can pm me for the owner's contact info, I rented through him directly instead of through Airbnb, which saved me quite a bit of money.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 2:28 pm
Thank you so mch for the info. How did you contact the owner directly without using airbnb? Also if you don't mind me asking, did you eat shabbos meals in the apt? What might be other options for shabbos meals?
Thanks!!!

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 2:51 pm
https://www.habayitbgeula.com/

1/2 hour walk to Kotel

ces

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 3:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so mch for the info. How did you contact the owner directly without using airbnb? Also if you don't mind me asking, did you eat shabbos meals in the apt? What might be other options for shabbos meals?
Thanks!!!

I had his info from someone else who had previously stayed there. He gave me a better rate than I would have paid booking through Airbnb.
We bought takeout and kept it hot on a hot plate in the apartment and ate there. Other options would be walking to friends/family or paying for meals at a nearby hotel.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:03 am
Hi
This flat is 40 min walk to the Kotel

https://www.jdira.com/listing-.....kkos/

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:14 pm
Thank you so much!!

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 5:36 am
are you still looking for a flat?

mandksima

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 6:00 am
I stayed at a great airbnb on Shvitei Yisroel Street, five min walk from Jaffa Gate. Was so awesome. They have two there. One great for 2-4 people, one up to 8 people and baby. PM for details. Really nice owner.

lovingmother

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:24 pm
Thank you so much! I will pm you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics