Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
MRSA Update
Previous  1  2

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 7:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For how long?

10 to 12 days. If it recurs, it means that you are not the reservoir and someone in the family is. Then, you should weigh the risk of treating everyone intranasaly for 1-2 weeks. I'm not generally a fan of giving antibiotics to children unless there is a real risk. On the other hand, its an intranasal/more topical application rather than an oral application. You always have to weigh risk and benefit.

I did treat my entire family and so did my daycare at one point because they had a child with a heart problem and we had a newborn and these two children were having recurring MRSA infections. Given the medical history and age of the 2 children, it was the right decision. BH, the infections stopped. Finding a bacterial reservoir is always difficult.

Hatzlacha and feel better

happyone

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 7:47 pm
biggest miracle.that worked for us after struggling for 1.5 years was believe it not Hibiclens washing and soaking in a bleach bath 2-3 times weekly for 20 mins. was recommended by top Boston immunologist after all else failed including iv antibiotics as it was becoming dangerous not just a nusience. it never came back bh! (its several years)

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:48 pm
I got MRSA post surgery (csection)..and then my family members got it on and off for the next 1.5 yrs. sometimes it was so bad we got antibiotics..sometimes bactroban and squeezing it was enough. (as my infectious disease dr. originally predicted)..u can do all the stuff that we did - the hibocleanse, bactroban in the nose for 2 wks, bleach baths twice a wk..overall it dwindled and eventually stopped altogether. after 2 yrs I actually tested through a swab in the nose 3 months in a row to make sure I was clean from mrsa and I was. so just bear through it...it'll be over and gone b4 2 yrs. haven't had any since.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:08 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
10 to 12 days. If it recurs, it means that you are not the reservoir and someone in the family is. Then, you should weigh the risk of treating everyone intranasaly for 1-2 weeks. I'm not generally a fan of giving antibiotics to children unless there is a real risk. On the other hand, its an intranasal/more topical application rather than an oral application. You always have to weigh risk and benefit.

I did treat my entire family and so did my daycare at one point because they had a child with a heart problem and we had a newborn and these two children were having recurring MRSA infections. Given the medical history and age of the 2 children, it was the right decision. BH, the infections stopped. Finding a bacterial reservoir is always difficult.

Hatzlacha and feel better

Can I use neosporin instead of bactroban because bactroban needs a prescription?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:10 pm
Feeling tired but no fever. Can it have anything to do with MRSA, or do I just have to go to sleep early?
Also, can relations/kissing pass the infection to my husband?

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:32 pm
Neosporin is not intended to treat MRSA infection. Many MRSA stains are shown to be resistant against all three antibiotics in neosporin. It probably won't do much. Other good options like pple said is bleach baths and hibiclens soap following the directions, these are just less fun but work. Bacterial resevoirs are always difficult to pin point.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics