Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Info on Lakewood Chassidish Development
Previous  1  2

Marathon

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:28 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Its rare to get $1300 for a basement these days

For a basement where? Many apartments in lakewood are less than that

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is that a townhouse? How many attached houses? Would love something at least semi private....
It's completely detached, 2 floors plus unfinished basement, nearly half acre of property.

mom24.7

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:29 pm
You can't move to Jackson and not drive. Oak and vine has the benefit of having many things close by. Jackson has none to speak of.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:31 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
It's completely detached, 2 floors plus unfinished basement, nearly half acre of property.

Wow! A dream. Is this part of a development, or you found your own home? How can I find out more about the development, if it is?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow! A dream. Is this part of a development, or you found your own home? How can I find out more about the development, if it is?
It's a development, the developer's houses are going for a lot more, but we bought off an already lived in house. I don't know if there are more such houses currently for sale for similar prices. And as another poster pointed out, you must own at least 1 car here. There is absolutely nothing within walking distance.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:43 pm
It's a development, the developer's houses are going for a lot more, but we bought off an already lived in house. I don't know if there are more such houses currently for sale for similar prices. And as another poster pointed out, you must own at least 1 car here. There is absolutely nothing within walking distance.

Thanks for explaining. It seems like we will need a car if we move. I'm not against that, I was just wondering if we can do away or if I have to keep it in the budget.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:53 pm
delete

mmyy

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:19 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Its rare to get $1300 for a basement these days

We bought a house in Oak n Vine, and renting our basement for $1350 utilities included.

You do need to own a car, but you can still manage with one car, in other areas where you might need 2 cars.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:52 am
mommyla wrote:
Honestly, people who don't drive tend to be difficult pedestrians simply because they don't understand the drivers' point of view. Like the woman who posted here once about how people didn't let her cross Rt 9 by Gourmet Glatt Confused or the women who walk two abreast on the shoulder with their double strollers even when there's a sidewalk right there, or the men who cross in middle of the street when there's a crosswalk at the corner, or the bachurim who ride like lunatics on their bikes (no helmets!), or the teenaged girls who stroll across County Line at Squankum against the light so that everyone in the turning lane can't turn...

Yeah, that's why people aren't nice to pedestrians. We're trying to keep them from getting killed!

Yeah, I was also thinking about that post and wondering if that's what she meant.

We drivers can't compromise our own safety, and that of everyone else on the road, just to let someone cross outside of a crosswalk in an area they should not be crossing.

sweet

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:00 pm
Im looking to rent a preferably furnished apt./ basement for 2/3 months. Until my house is ready. Sept. And Oct.
Any location is fine.
Anyone know of anything?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:53 pm
sweet wrote:
Im looking to rent a preferably furnished apt./ basement for 2/3 months. Until my house is ready. Sept. And Oct.
Any location is fine.
Anyone know of anything?

Did you check the maasa umaatan?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:18 pm

This sounds like Royal Grove. If I’m right, some things you should know:
As Amother Brunette said, the non-Jewish houses in the area were very affordable, the development homes start at approx. 575.
It’s very very deep into Jackson, aside for needing a car, you have to be prepared to spend lots of time in the car.
Currently there is no bussing for most schools (as far as I know) so you have to factor in lots of time for carpool or paying someone to drive the kids to school.
It’s a young, growing neighborhood so while it is affordable you should also expect some growing pains...
Currently you are not allowed to have a tenant.
It is, however, a really nice development lifestyle.
And as always when moving to Lakewood, do not move until your kids get into schools!
Good luck!

sweet

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:32 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Did you check the maasa umaatan?

I dont even know what that is?
Similar to the Torah times?
Is it found in grocery stores?
Can I access it online?

baker1

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:37 pm
This is the link for the Maasa Umatan Rental list.
A new list comes out every Tuesday.

Maasa Umatan Rental List
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating