Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Flying with a toddler

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:01 pm
I am going to be traveling alone with a 2 year old. Just a logistics question, but how do I go to the bathroom? Who do I leave him with?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:02 pm
Either take him along. Or ask a flight attendant to watch him for you. Or if your seatmate is especially friendly you can ask her. Or just hold it.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:33 pm
You take him.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:39 pm
Oh gosh. I'm so not comfortable taking him! We are in the toilet training parsha, plus he has a crazy good memory and brings things up that happened weeks ago. How do I distract him if I take him along with me?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh gosh. I'm so not comfortable taking him! We are in the toilet training parsha, plus he has a crazy good memory and brings things up that happened weeks ago. How do I distract him if I take him along with me?

I’m truly sorry but safety first!!!! You tell him to turn around with a lolly.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:42 pm
Tell him to look at the wall and count how many circles he sees. Or something like that. And you keep yourself as covered as possible with your clothing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:48 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I’m truly sorry but safety first!!!! You tell him to turn around with a lolly.

Oh that's a good idea. I like the lolly idea and the counting idea someone else gave.
Thanks!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:48 pm
depends what size plane you fly on.. the bathrooms seem to be getting smaller and smaller. I was just on a few planes 2 days ago and the bathrooms were so ridiculously tiny there was barely room for me forget about a kid. and Im skinny. I actually truly wondered how the larger people even fit. bring him down the aisle until the bathroom and right outside the door tell him to stand with a lolly, and ask a flight attendant to watch him for those few min.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:49 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
depends what size plane you fly on.. the bathrooms seem to be getting smaller and smaller. I was just on a few planes 2 days ago and the bathrooms were so ridiculously tiny there was barely room for me forget about a kid. and Im skinny. I actually truly wondered how the larger people even fit. bring him down the aisle until the bathroom and right outside the door tell him to stand with a lolly, and ask a flight attendant to watch him for those few min.

I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Wish me luck!

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:54 am
You don’t let your 2 year old in the bathroom with you? How do you manage that? My toddler followed me in every single time!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:31 am
pesek zman wrote:
You don’t let your 2 year old in the bathroom with you? How do you manage that? My toddler followed me in every single time!

Hes not very clingy. Lets me do my own thing. Occasionally, he'll wait quietly outside the door.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics