Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shiny silky sheital
1  2  Next

lone

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 8:35 am
I’ve been doing my own sheitals for years. Anyone know of a way that I could make my sheital look shiny and silky ? I’m assuming that sheital marchers use an extra product after shampoo and conditioner.

lone

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 8:41 am
Anyone know what the product is ?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 8:46 am
BioSilk is used but some of it comes from the hair itself.

lone

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 8:49 am
ra_mom wrote:
BioSilk is used but some of it comes from the hair itself.

Thanks !
I also thought that the shine and luster came from the sheital till I got a new sheital and after the wash it didn’t look any different than my old sheital. I mean in the shine and luster department.
How do I use bio silk ?

lone

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 8:50 am
Could I put biosilk on the cap also ?
I know certain products caint be put into the actual cap

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:07 am
lone wrote:
Could I put biosilk on the cap also ?
I know certain products caint be put into the actual cap

No not on the cap, it will loosen the knots.
It's used as a finisher after you blow dry it. Sometimes you run the straightener over the hair again afterward.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:24 am
I use Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Serum right after washing, and then I use BTZ smooth criminal through damp wig while blow drying

lone

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:31 am
MiriFr wrote:
I use Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Serum right after washing, and then I use BTZ smooth criminal through damp wig while blow drying

Thank u !
Could I use btz without blow drying ?
I don’t like to use heating tools on my sheitals

lone

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:32 am
What’s the difference between Paul mitchel skinny serum and biosilk ?

lone

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:34 am
ra_mom wrote:
No not on the cap, it will loosen the knots.
It's used as a finisher after you blow dry it. Sometimes you run the straightener over the hair again afterward.

Thank I for responding !
I don’t like to use heating tools on my sheitals , do u think I can accomplish the same look without the heating tools?

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:48 am
lone wrote:
Thank u !
Could I use btz without blow drying ?
I don’t like to use heating tools on my sheitals

Yeah. The more serums you use, the shinier it will get.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:49 am
lone wrote:
What’s the difference between Paul mitchel skinny serum and biosilk ?

No real difference Very Happy it's just what I'm used to.

thepickled

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:55 am
If your stylist is using heat tools on your wig that will contribute to it looking shiny. Use a little bit of a shine serum product like Biosilk - rub a drop or two through your fingers and disperse through the hair, focusing on the ends, not the roots. The more you use, the oilier your sheitel will be and it will look and feel more dirty and piece-y sooner than it normally would. You could also use a shine spray which is a little lighter and will weigh the wig down less, but may not be as effective. The texture of your wig will determine how much product it can handle before looking more oily - if it’s more straight and silky to begin with it will handle less product than a more wavy wig.
Rinsing with cold water after you wash it is said to help with shine as well, I don’t know whether there is truth to that.
Don’t wring out with a towel as this can cause a bit of frizz. Use a soft cotton fabric or don’t wring with something at all.
You could also occasionally try a deep conditioning treatment.

lone

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:07 am
thepickled wrote:
If your stylist is using heat tools on your wig that will contribute to it looking shiny. Use a little bit of a shine serum product like Biosilk - rub a drop or two through your fingers and disperse through the hair, focusing on the ends, not the roots. The more you use, the oilier your sheitel will be and it will look and feel more dirty and piece-y sooner than it normally would. You could also use a shine spray which is a little lighter and will weigh the wig down less, but may not be as effective. The texture of your wig will determine how much product it can handle before looking more oily - if it’s more straight and silky to begin with it will handle less product than a more wavy wig.
Rinsing with cold water after you wash it is said to help with shine as well, I don’t know whether there is truth to that.
Don’t wring out with a towel as this can cause a bit of frizz. Use a soft cotton fabric or don’t wring with something at all.
You could also occasionally try a deep conditioning treatment.

Wow thank u for such an informative response !
Which deep conditioning treatment do u recommend?

studying_torah

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:35 am
Might also be different shampoo & conditioner from what the shaitel macher uses.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:19 pm
lone wrote:
Wow thank u for such an informative response !
Which deep conditioning treatment do u recommend?

I just did a deep conditioning treatment on someone's wig10 minutes ago! I love it smells heaven- I literally can spend all day sniffing the container. My favorite one in the world is Loreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture nurturing creme.
After washing, you smear it throughout the hair (from under the cap), and lightly graze the hair that's on top of the cap. Let marinate overnight. Wash out.

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:54 pm
I use a product called Shine. It's expensive.

lone

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:07 pm
MiriFr wrote:

After washing, you smear it throughout the hair (from under the cap), and lightly graze the hair that's on top of the cap. Let marinate overnight. Wash out.

Thank u!!! I will purchase it !
Ur not scared that if u put on top of cap it will ruin it ? U leave it on a foam head or a bag ?

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:28 pm
lone wrote:
Thank u!!! I will purchase it !
Ur not scared that if u put on top of cap it will ruin it ? U leave it on a foam head or a bag ?

K I didnt explain it very well! Sorry!
Lather the wig, but try to stay away from the cap. So all the hair that's not touching the wig- load it up. Concentrate underneath where it knots up. Near the cap- just lightly spread with your fingertips.

And I leave it in a bag overnight

lone

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:40 pm
MiriFr wrote:
K I didnt explain it very well! Sorry!
Lather the wig, but try to stay away from the cap. So all the hair that's not touching the wig- load it up. Concentrate underneath where it knots up. Near the cap- just lightly spread with your fingertips.

And I leave it in a bag overnight

Awesome !!!!! Thank u!!
The cap is not going to stretch?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels