Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured?
  Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 22  23  24  Next

Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured (not a headache, minor seizure, etc.)?
Yes  
 19%  [ 62 ]
No  
 74%  [ 233 ]
Something Else  
 0%  [ 3 ]
Temporarily, but it was addressed and fixed BH  
 4%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 313

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:10 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Apparently a shocking way of it spreading at one point was a kid with a cut on her lip took a drink from a water fountain, getting a bit too close, and the kid behind her also a bit too close.

You sure you not confusing that with herpes? Because the GI tract is pretty good at killing such exposures. You don't get Hep B from casual contact and the second person would have to have a cut on them to catch it from that tiny exposure. Herpes on the other hand is usually caught at a young age from kids sharing saliva by sharing cups or the way you posted. There is no shot for herpes.

And according to the vaccine insert when the vaccine came out, the reason they target the low risk population is because they failed to reduce indicence of hep B by only targeting the high risk population. Digest that for a minute. You are risking potential side effects (in my case, temporary blindness and chronic disease) for something they are at little to no risk for, that is part of the schedule because they failed with their first efforts. There is a little known fact about the high risk population--they don't take very good care of their health. Giving the shot to newborns wont decrease incidence of Hep B because by the time they are at risk they likely lost immunity. It's shots like this being mandated that make people claim religious exemption and give none. Or recommending the flu shot when it's not flu season and the shots have expired. Those are really good reasons for people not to blindly trust what is recommended and what they are told.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:29 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
You sure you not confusing that with herpes? Because the GI tract is pretty good at killing such exposures. You don't get Hep B from casual contact and the second person would have to have a cut on them to catch it from that tiny exposure. Herpes on the other hand is usually caught at a young age from kids sharing saliva by sharing cups or the way you posted. There is no shot for herpes.

And according to the vaccine insert when the vaccine came out, the reason they target the low risk population is because they failed to reduce indicence of hep B by only targeting the high risk population. Digest that for a minute. You are risking potential side effects (in my case, temporary blindness and chronic disease) for something they are at little to no risk for, that is part of the schedule because they failed with their first efforts. There is a little known fact about the high risk population--they don't take very good care of their health. Giving the shot to newborns wont decrease incidence of Hep B because by the time they are at risk they likely lost immunity. It's shots like this being mandated that make people claim religious exemption and give none. Or recommending the flu shot when it's not flu season and the shots have expired. Those are really good reasons for people not to blindly trust what is recommended and what they are told.

Giving the shot to newborns prevents an infected mother from passing the infection to the baby. Unfortunately you are correct that ignorance of the proper use of vaccines by professionals is a factor in public distrust of vaccines. I think that there are other factors as to why people don't vaccinate, as we see some real Whoppers of misinformation being peddled on this site.

I personally favor only mandating those vaccines that make it safe for people to walk around in public. The woman who died of measles in the US was a Native American who was on medication that caused her to be immune suppressed and a 52 year old man who had measles had been to the doctor an hour before she got there.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:33 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr.....M.pdf

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:47 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/IMMS/RecommendHepBUM.pdf

Very professional looking. Hmm. You convinced me now. Hold on while I run out and vaccinate my kids.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:53 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Very professional looking. Hmm. You convinced me now. Hold on while I run out and vaccinate my kids.

Its a patient pamphlet which includes a few mentions of when children spread Heb B to each other in a school setting.

If you aren't interested in investigating why Heb B is in the mandatory list - that's your prerogative.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:11 am
Its a patient pamphlet which includes a few mentions of when children spread Heb B to each other in a school setting.

If you aren't interested in investigating why Heb B is in the mandatory list - that's your prerogative.

It mentions that the virus can live outside of the body for 7 days but I wonder if getting hurt on the playground is a common mode of transmission. Would this be in the category of the tetanus shot that protects the person but doesn't affect society? An infected person can infect others only by sharing blood or as an STD. I would think that this usually happens with high risk behavior and only occasionally happens from playground accidents. Personally I think that it's beneficial to give it at some point in life but probably unfair to mandate it because I see it as an area of compromise with those who are trying to appeal the religious exemptions law.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:22 am
southernbubby wrote:
It mentions that the virus can live outside of the body for 7 days but I wonder if getting hurt on the playground is a common mode of transmission. Would this be in the category of the tetanus shot that protects the person but doesn't affect society? An infected person can infect others only by sharing blood or as an STD. I would think that this usually happens with high risk behavior and only occasionally happens from playground accidents. Personally I think that it's beneficial to give it at some point in life but probably unfair to mandate it because I see it as an area of compromise with those who are trying to appeal the religious exemptions law.

This is what CHOP says on the reasoning for the vaccine. https://www.chop.edu/centers-p.....ccine

I wouldn't put it in the category with tetanus, since tetanus is not contagious.

I would put in in the category of diseases the US is trying to get a better handle on.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:16 am
This is what CHOP says on the reasoning for the vaccine. https://www.chop.edu/centers-p.....ccine

I wouldn't put it in the category with tetanus, since tetanus is not contagious.

I would put in in the category of diseases the US is trying to get a better handle on.

I personally have no objection to it and I think that years ago I took it because I was on the chevra kadisha.
From what it's saying, casual contact can spread it but I wonder if the spread of it had more to do with smaller risks (as opposed to IV drugs) such as tattooing, rather than sharing washcloths and toothbrushes. Apparently, a percentage of those infected die of it or become chronically ill but contracting this virus isn't an automatic death sentence, since 1 million people a year catch it and 2000 die of it.
I am only trying to minimize it because I wonder if fewer mandated vaccines would result in fewer anti-vaxers. Personally, I would think that it's a good idea to get the vaccine.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:31 am
southernbubby wrote:
I personally have no objection to it and I think that years ago I took it because I was on the chevra kadisha.
From what it's saying, casual contact can spread it but I wonder if the spread of it had more to do with smaller risks (as opposed to IV drugs) such as tattooing, rather than sharing washcloths and toothbrushes. Apparently, a percentage of those infected die of it or become chronically ill but contracting this virus isn't an automatic death sentence, since 1 million people a year catch it and 2000 die of it.
I am only trying to minimize it because I wonder if fewer mandated vaccines would result in fewer anti-vaxers. Personally, I would think that it's a good idea to get the vaccine.

I think it might do the opposite. I'm happy I'm not a policy maker.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:34 am
No time to read all the above but wanted to chime in and say my older kids are fully vaccinated but my little one ended up at the hospital at 2 months old after receiving a shot because her heart stopped functioning properly. The DR said it’s probably the shot ( the symptoms started a few hours after the shot and she was completely normal and had all check ups at the DR since birth ) but wouldn’t write it down because he’s very pro vaccine. Thank gd a few years later she’s ok now but I haven’t given her any vaccines because im scared . If this happens again and this time she doesn’t heal properly I will never forgive myself. On the other hand I’m always scared she will catch something because she’s not vaccinated .
bottom line there was no way to know she would react like this to the shot Therefore every time we give a shot we are taking a risk. Does it mean we shouldn’t vaccinate ? No. But it would be so much more beneficial to accept that there are risks and invest money and energy into figuring out how to check which kid can get all shots and who is at risk etc, than to keep fighting .

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 8:26 am
I think it might do the opposite. I'm happy I'm not a policy maker.

Well their mantra is "where there is a risk there should be a choice" while giving those around them no choice about getting sick.

They also claim that they are being forced to overload their bodies with toxins due to new vaccines constantly being mandated.

The anti-vax movement started in the 70s at which point there were several vaccines routinely given.

Apparently in the 60s, people welcomed the polio vaccine with a ticker-tape parade. I don't see the same enthusiasm when new vaccines come out today.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 8:54 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
No time to read all the above but wanted to chime in and say my older kids are fully vaccinated but my little one ended up at the hospital at 2 months old after receiving a shot because her heart stopped functioning properly. The DR said it’s probably the shot ( the symptoms started a few hours after the shot and she was completely normal and had all check ups at the DR since birth ) but wouldn’t write it down because he’s very pro vaccine. Thank gd a few years later she’s ok now but I haven’t given her any vaccines because im scared . If this happens again and this time she doesn’t heal properly I will never forgive myself. On the other hand I’m always scared she will catch something because she’s not vaccinated .
bottom line there was no way to know she would react like this to the shot Therefore every time we give a shot we are taking a risk. Does it mean we shouldn’t vaccinate ? No. But it would be so much more beneficial to accept that there are risks and invest money and energy into figuring out how to check which kid can get all shots and who is at risk etc, than to keep fighting .

Report it to VAERS if you think your doctor didn't. Her hospital records, and her vaccine records are dated.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:56 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I am really curious - not bashing at all! How do they know the 7 month old baby died from the shot?

I have a child with epilepsy. His first seizure was the day he got a bunch of shots when he was 7 weeks old. I am told that he had epilepsy and the stress on his body from the shots caused his first seizure, which makes sense to me. Why should I say that the shots caused his epilepsy?

what do you think would've happened if you didn't give the shots and the body wouldn't have the stress to cause seizures.
maybe his body would've been stressed out some other way. maybe yes, or just maybe no

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:15 pm
Yes I have a neighbor that her daughter has been partially paralyzed, it was medically confirmed as a vaccine injury

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:27 pm
Just wanna point out that the percentages on this poll are very different than those of VAERS or Merck...

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:45 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Just wanna point out that the percentages on this poll are very different than those of VAERS or Merck...

You might wanna take a stats class or two.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:24 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Yes, my father a”h. He contracted Guillain Barre after getting the flu shot. It is a known side effect of both the flu and the flu shot (rare). He was completely paralyzed as a result, but Tammiflu helped to treat the paralysis. Sadly, he had the chronic form of GB. Most people recover fully with the help of Tammiflu but with the chronic form, it never fully goes away. He suffered terribly for 10 years with the condition and complications that resulted from it until he passed away several years ago.

I still vaccinate all my kids with the required vaccines but opt out of the flu shot.

Yes, I Know this man who passed away due to complications of Guillan Barre. After getting the flu shot. The flu shot company paid a large settlement for his care needs over many years which proves it was because of the flu shot.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:53 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Yes, I Know this man who passed away due to complications of Guillan Barre. After getting the flu shot. The flu shot company paid a large settlement for his care needs over many years which proves it was because of the flu shot.

The Vaccine Compensation Program perhaps?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:59 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Well their mantra is "where there is a risk there should be a choice" while giving those around them no choice about getting sick.

They also claim that they are being forced to overload their bodies with toxins due to new vaccines constantly being mandated.

The anti-vax movement started in the 70s at which point there were several vaccines routinely given.

Apparently in the 60s, people welcomed the polio vaccine with a ticker-tape parade. I don't see the same enthusiasm when new vaccines come out today.

Do you think people were aware of the risks of vaccines at that point?

Or was it like x-rays, which were "proven to be safe" and "totally harmless"?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:01 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Do you think people were aware of the risks of vaccines at that point?

Or was it like x-rays, which were "proven to be safe" and "totally harmless"?

There were aware of the devastation of Polio.
Page 14 of 24   Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 22  23  24  Next Recent Topics