Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Life hacks you actually use
  Previous  1  2  3 11 12  13  14  Next

merrygold

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 7:08 am
Thank you to the person who posted the toothpaste-on-mosquito-bites tip. I used it last night. It worked. THANK YOU!! Yes, I am super excited. Almost instant pain relief.

esther36

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 7:26 am
Speaking of 🧦! I bought sock locks in different colors. Everyone got their own color sock lock. Each child is responsible to put their socks in a sock lock before putting it in the laundry. My rule is if it's not in a sock lock I won't wash it! The only exception I make is I do it for my three year old. But we never have to sort socks because everyone just takes the socks from the clean laundry with their color sock lock!

dankbar

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 7:39 am
warm chammomile tea bag on pink eye

raw potato slices on forehead for headaches

qwerty4

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 7:48 am
Egg whites on a burn immediately, this prevents any scarring, even from pretty bad burns until you get to the proper help.

sirel

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:52 pm
I'm late to the party but...

to crack an egg with one hand, and not get any shells into the cup/bowl:

Tap the egg against a flat surface (like the counter) and not the edge of the counter or the rim of the bowl.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 3:50 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Genius!

You make your family wear safety pins on their legs every day???? Can't Believe It

Chickpea

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 3:58 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
Egg whites on a burn immediately, this prevents any scarring, even from pretty bad burns until you get to the proper help.

Ohh, that is so interesting! The prescription drug Silvadene's active ingredient is sulfa, which is used to treat burns. Egg whites contain sulfa(sulfur).

shanie5

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:05 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Not sure if this is a hack but I make hard boiled eggs by baking it in the oven for 30 minutes on 350. Comes out perfect every time and I dont need to keep an eye on a pot

I tried this tonight and it worked great! I have to make 15 lbs of egg salad tomorrow, sol this method will come in handy!

shanie5

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:10 pm
when making hard boiled eggs (on the stovetop) there are 2 things I find that make them easier to peel. 1 is to use older eggs-fresh eggs may peel well if dunked in very cold water and peeled
immediately. Older eggs (in fridge a week or 2) will almost always peel well.

If using fresher eggs, add a lot of salt to the water and the eggs will peel easily-the salt does not affect the taste of the eggs.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 4:38 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
You make your family wear safety pins on their legs every day???? Can't Believe It

Big deal, they are tiny. You don’t even feel it, trust me, I’ve been doing this for a while.

True story, my son had X-rays of his ankle and the safety pin was in the first picture. Hope that didn’t do any harm.

dankbar

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:01 am
shanie are you talking about older eggs in fridge raw or cooked? you are talking about eggs 2 weeks old, I hope you are not talking about cooked

shanie5

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:06 am
I'm talking older raw eggs. Cooked eggs in the fridge for 2 weeks are probably not so good anymore.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:55 am
When I pack lunch I pack the bread separate from the filling so it doesn't get soggy.
For the filling - egg salad or tuna salad - I spoon some into a plastic bag
When it's time to eat I kind of smoosh the egg or tuna from the bag onto the bread. Hands stay clean, no fork/knife needed, and I can just throw out the bag

coffeetime

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 4:51 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
What would you use for cherry stains on a white shabbos dress (not completely white so no bleach) I sprayed shout, soaked in oxy powder and washed but it didn’t completely come out.

I had this problem and my mum told me what to do! Use regular washing powder and some water and rub it into the stains for a few minutes. Leave to soak in more washing powder and water over night. The next morning, the stains were still visible, but after washing out the stains with hot water they all disappeared!!

coffeetime

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 4:57 pm
I like to melt chocolate in a ziplock bag in a cup of hot water, no clean up needed! you can also slice the corner off the bag for an instant piping bag!

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:39 pm
For washing bed sheets, I'll do all pillowcases one day, duvets another day, and fitted another day. Somehow it doesn't feel like such a big job that way.

STR331

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:41 pm
I read a life hack that putting a wooden spoon over a pot prevents it from bubbling over..I use it !

STR331

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:57 pm
teach me howwwwww
MiriFr wrote:
I use scotch tape for perfect winged eyeliner

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:02 pm
To make a heating pad: fill a sock with (raw) rice. Tie the sock and stick it in the microwave.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:06 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I put my little glass cups (from shbbs candles) in the dishwasher. Comes out sprarkling clean

A dishwasher repairman told me that breaks the machine.
Page 12 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 11 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics