Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Put down your cell phones please!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:38 pm
Ladies, I will leave all politeness on the side and say it as it is: Don't drive and hold your cell phone .
Driving to work daily and it is mindboggling how you guys don't realize how dangerous it is. You're making the craziest left turns or driving really fast all the while holding your phone and yapping away.
Put the phone on speaker or pull over. There is no excuse for this. I watch this daily in every other car.
Your dressed like frum jewish women and the halacha is you must follow the law. The law says you can't hold the phone to talk while driving.
It is dangerous. It is against the law and it is a huge chillul hashem.

I have lived in Monsey, Edison and Brooklyn before I moved to Lakewood and I haven't seen this anywhere.

It is mostly women. Not girls or men (sometimes yes but mostly women)

Sorry I may sound mean but you almost hit me while making the turn because you were driving with one hand on the phone and the other hand on the coffee.

I wonder where the Lakewood police are. Is it assur for me to call them and ask them to send out more officers and ticket those women?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:51 pm
I'll need to agree with you on this one. It really scares me to see people out there testing and driving. I was in bumper to bumper traffic in Lakewood yesterday and was counting how many cars in the oncoming Lane were looking at their phonee and driving. Too many to count. Another day I was behind a swerving car and thought it must be a drink driver. When I pulled up near it, looked like a seminary girl texting!!! I rolled down my window and said "Not sure of your aware but you've been swerving in and out of your lane for the last few minutes. You may wanna get off your phone!!"
So many tragedies could be prevented !!! It's hard to get in the habit, but ladies, PUT YOUR PHONES AWAY!!!!!

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:57 pm
I live in Monsey and see it all the time. A large percentage of drivers are on the phone while driving, male and female. I've seen it in Brooklyn too. I'm sure this is an issue in every community. It's absolutely dangerous!

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:00 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I live in Monsey and see it all the time. A large percentage of drivers are on the phone while driving, male and female. I've seen it in Brooklyn too. I'm sure this is an issue in every community. It's absolutely dangerous!

Me too! And I'm thinking, what are these people thinking? The answer is that they're not thinking, their so busy yacking and yacking.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:00 pm
Please do tell that to my dh! He is not talking on the phone but looking at his phone while driving.
It drives me nuts!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:20 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Please do tell that to my dh! He is not talking on the phone but looking at his phone while driving.
It drives me nuts!

mine too, I yell at him all the time. he doesn't listen, he txts and drives. I'm at my wits end every time I'm in the car with him. I keep saying Chas vshalom you can get into an accident or even worse kill someone. and still does this dangerous and annoying habit.

momX4

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:21 pm
It drives me nuts!

I downloaded an app called Android Auto. It locks the phone when the car Bluetooth is on and only allows Bluetooth calls

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:48 pm
does it allow waze at least?

real israeli

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:59 pm
I have definitely been noticing more patrol cars out on the streets in Lakewood recently. Can’t say I’ve seen them ticketing but I may just not have been there when they caught people

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ladies, I will leave all politeness on the side and say it as it is: Don't drive and hold your cell phone .
Driving to work daily and it is mindboggling how you guys don't realize how dangerous it is. You're making the craziest left turns or driving really fast all the while holding your phone and yapping away.
Put the phone on speaker or pull over. There is no excuse for this. I watch this daily in every other car.
Your dressed like frum jewish women and the halacha is you must follow the law. The law says you can't hold the phone to talk while driving.
It is dangerous. It is against the law and it is a huge chillul hashem.

I have lived in Monsey, Edison and Brooklyn before I moved to Lakewood and I haven't seen this anywhere.

It is mostly women. Not girls or men (sometimes yes but mostly women)

Sorry I may sound mean but you almost hit me while making the turn because you were driving with one hand on the phone and the other hand on the coffee.

I wonder where the Lakewood police are. Is it assur for me to call them and ask them to send out more officers and ticket those women?

Thank you! But it’s not exclusive to Lkwd. Just today in Brooklyn I saw such a frum “looking” (breaking the law isnt frum) man holding a cell and talking while driving, and I see it all the time here! I even once stopped at a light, got out of my car and told the guy in front of me that his appearance and talking into a hand held cell is such a chillul Hashem! He claimed he’s from Florida and they don’t have the same rules there! Yeah uh huh. But urs terrible. And it’s even worse when they have kids in the car with them! Putting your own kids safety at risk for your selfishness and inability to control your addictive need for the phone. I heard someone in the neighborhood’s mom was hit and killed by a driver while he was on the phone! He should be charged with homicide! Problem is everyone thinks they are very capable of us8ng the phone while driving and not having an accident, but next time you do it picture how you’ll feel for the rest of your life if your children or someone else’s get hurt because of your breaking the law!

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:30 pm
It drives me nuts!

You need to do the right thing and make a rule you will not get into the car with him unless he promises he won’t touch his phone!!!!

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:32 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
mine too, I yell at him all the time. he doesn't listen, he txts and drives. I'm at my wits end every time I'm in the car with him. I keep saying Chas vshalom you can get into an accident or even worse kill someone. and still does this dangerous and annoying habit.

There’s no excuse for letting this go on, ladies! Tell your dh’s That you and your kids are barred from getting into the car with him unless he commits to not using the phone while driving!!!! Otherwise you’re complicit in his crime and sin!

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:39 pm
It drives me nuts!

Honestly it's safer to talk on a Bluetooth than look at your phone

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:40 pm
Make your texting drivers watch this

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:46 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Thank you! But it’s not exclusive to Lkwd. Just today in Brooklyn I saw such a frum “looking” (breaking the law isnt frum) man holding a cell and talking while driving, and I see it all the time here! I even once stopped at a light, got out of my car and told the guy in front of me that his appearance and talking into a hand held cell is such a chillul Hashem! He claimed he’s from Florida and they don’t have the same rules there! Yeah uh huh. But urs terrible. And it’s even worse when they have kids in the car with them! Putting your own kids safety at risk for your selfishness and inability to control your addictive need for the phone. I heard someone in the neighborhood’s mom was hit and killed by a driver while he was on the phone! He should be charged with homicide! Problem is everyone thinks they are very capable of us8ng the phone while driving and not having an accident, but next time you do it picture how you’ll feel for the rest of your life if your children or someone else’s get hurt because of your breaking the law!

It's perfectly legal to hold a phone and talk while driving in Florida. I'm not saying it's safe, just that he was being truthful, and very likely did not know that it's not legal in NY. And you accusing him of not being truthful is not exactly what frum people do either.

momX4

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:47 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
does it allow waze at least?

Yes. It allows Waze.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:48 pm
I was in an accident and I don’t forgive myself for it. BH BH there were no injuries but two cars were totaled. I wasn’t texting I was just checking waze. I now drive with my phone in my pocket book. Please learn from my mistake and don’t use your phone while you drive.

tymama

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:19 pm
I don’t understand what the excuse is. All cars come with Bluetooth, what’s stopping people from connecting to BT?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:20 pm
tymama wrote:
I don’t understand what the excuse is. All cars come with Bluetooth, what’s stopping people from connecting to BT?

LOL you realize that some people drive cars more than a few years old? And they don't have Bluetooth? But yeah, I'm pretty sure all phones come with a speaker phone option.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:34 pm
I don't live in Lakewood, but I do live in the tri-state area, and this is a widespread problem. Honestly, I think they should give the same penalty for texting while driving as they give for driving drunk. Texting while driving makes you a literal rodef, no excuses, no dlkz.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries