Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone know if I can buy this in Israel? Where?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:08 pm
We are making Aliyah soon and I'm wondering if I can order an item like this in advance to be delivered to our apartment, so that my baby can go right to sleep in a crib that he is used to when we arrive exhausted from the plane, and that I know we want to own long-term. (Other option would be to borrow a pack-in-play I guess till we get our lift? I'd rather not because that will take weeks!)

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-M.....;th=1

Would need matching mattress as well.

Thanks in advance! I'm open to other suggestions as well.

(Also: would it be a reasonable favor to ask locals to lend me a pack-in-play for the day we arrive? For how long would it be reasonable to ask to borrow such an item?)

essie14

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:29 pm
There are pack n play and mattress/bed gemachs in many areas. Are you on a whatsapp group for your neighborhood yet? or Facebook? it's totally mekubal to ask to borrow a pack n play for a few weeks until your lift comes. People are happy to help new olim.

Zap is a shopping aggregator site in Israel. It will give you links to online stores where you can order items. I searched for לול ריהוט לתינוקות (baby furniture) and got results.

https://www.zap.co.il/

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:31 pm
Ask if there is a crib gemach in your neighborhood. I know mine has two. If you already know someone there, ask if they could ask around. People have in storage between babies.
Older families often have a pack n play or similar for when grandchildren or other baby guests come.
You can definitely buy one here.

Rappel

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:36 pm
Mazal tov on your aliyah!

The common chain baby stores:
Bazaar Strauss
Shilav

There's also Ikea.

They should all deliver to your home, though someone will still need to set it up.

It is COMPLETELY okay to borrow a pack n play or crib from a neighbor! Your whole neighborhood will probably be fighting to lend you one.

rzab

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:11 pm
It is Def reasonable to borrow from someone until your lift arrives. Def for a few nights until you get a chance to buy one. As long as you are clear about how long you plan on borrowing for. Also as mentioned above, many communities have gemachs for these things as well as other things you might need when you first get off the plane like burners a fridge etc. If you want delivery, prob your best bet is zap. Co. IL.
Where are you moving to, maybe someone here can help direct you to the best way to get set up.
Yeshuv tov!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 2:11 pm
Thanks everyone!

You were right, someone was very happy to lend us a pack-in-play. (I made it clear it could be a while till our lift arrives.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions