Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
SIDS and Vaccines
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:50 pm
My cousin lost her baby shortly after a well visit where shots were skipped due to certain non-health complications. She was thanking Hashem that her baby hadn't gotten the shots because then she would have constantly been blaming herself for giving them. We don't know why babies are lost to SIDS. That's why the deaths are labelled SIDS and not heart attack, stroke, etc. It's extremely tragic. There is no reason to believe that skipping shots minimizes the risk in any way.

There is a strong association though between having a cold at the time that the death occurred. It would be prudent for parents to pay more attention to their baby when they have a cold, checking on them more frequently etc. This isn't to blame parents that had a loss at all chas vesholom. Almost all of them were doing everything right. My cousin had just checked on her baby a few hours before (in middle of the night). Sometimes tragic events happen that are completely out of our control. While we would love to say "this isn't going to happen to me because I did/did not vaccinate" it's just not true. Only Hashem is in control.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:12 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Why isn't what done at birth? DNA sequencing?

Yes, wouldn't it be nice to know what genetic conditions everyone had from day one?

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:24 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Yes, wouldn't it be nice to know what genetic conditions everyone had from day one?

Depends on who you ask....

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:18 pm
I do know a baby who passed away a few days after their shots. The baby already was not well with mild fever when they got the shots - the Dr said not a problem. A few days later the baby was found in the mother's bed - in an unsafe sleeping environment under a blanket. It is more likely the unsafe sleeping environment and being overdressed with a hat caused the SIDS but I do wonder if the shots had anything to do with it

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:14 pm
A relative of mine lost a 6 week old baby that was not at all vaccinated yet. The baby was being cared for by an overnight nanny who sat right there in the darkened room the entire time. When she realized the baby is abt 2 hrs past the feeding time she tried to wake it up but it was sadly too late.

Genius

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:50 pm
Why do I find a complete lack of emunah in the anti-vax community? Instead of saying "How can I help the family who had such a tragedy, or what can I do as a zchus for this neshama?" The first and most important thing to find out is whether this child was vaccinated in the past month. I don't believe these two things are related. Until you prove your theories, dare you try to convince me of their truth.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:52 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
My cousin lost her baby shortly after a well visit where shots were skipped due to certain non-health complications. She was thanking Hashem that her baby hadn't gotten the shots because then she would have constantly been blaming herself for giving them. We don't know why babies are lost to SIDS. That's why the deaths are labelled SIDS and not heart attack, stroke, etc. It's extremely tragic. There is no reason to believe that skipping shots minimizes the risk in any way.

There is a strong association though between having a cold at the time that the death occurred.
It would be prudent for parents to pay more attention to their baby when they have a cold, checking on them more frequently etc. This isn't to blame parents that had a loss at all chas vesholom. Almost all of them were doing everything right. My cousin had just checked on her baby a few hours before (in middle of the night). Sometimes tragic events happen that are completely out of our control. While we would love to say "this isn't going to happen to me because I did/did not vaccinate" it's just not true. Only Hashem is in control.

Yes, this is a good point

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:11 am
JoyInTheMorning pointed out that my data was old. Good point.
Here's the data from the 2011 report, the third IOM report.

Conclusion 10.25: The evidence is inadequate to accept or reject a causal relationship between diphtheria toxoid–, tetanus toxoid–, or acellular pertussis–containing vaccine and SIDS.

Here's the link to the full report which was
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK190024/

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
JoyInTheMorning pointed out that my data was old. Good point.
Here's the data from the 2011 report, the third IOM report.

Conclusion 10.25: The evidence is inadequate to accept or reject a causal relationship between diphtheria toxoid–, tetanus toxoid–, or acellular pertussis–containing vaccine and SIDS.

Here's the link to the full report which was
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK190024/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....6294/

and one even more recent!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:15 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4326294/

and one even more recent!!

This is about DTP which is no longer used in the US. The link I posted is about the currently used DTaP.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is about DTP which is no longer used in the US. The link I posted is about the currently used DTaP.

The reports aren't even comparable. they are using different methods.

However - reading the one I just posted:

We retrieved data on DTP, OPV, and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) immunisation coverage using existing surveys [9,15,20,21]. DTP, OPV, and the Hib vaccine are all scheduled during the first 6 months of life (at 2, 4, and 6 months), which is the peak age range for SIDS [22]. To ensure comparability over time, we used the reported coverage of at least three doses of the respective vaccine. From 1995 onwards, any pertussis vaccine was reported including acellular pertussis vaccine (DTaP) [16].

You are incorrect with your comment.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 9:09 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
The reports aren't even comparable. they are using different methods.

However - reading the one I just posted:

We retrieved data on DTP, OPV, and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) immunisation coverage using existing surveys [9,15,20,21]. DTP, OPV, and the Hib vaccine are all scheduled during the first 6 months of life (at 2, 4, and 6 months), which is the peak age range for SIDS [22]. To ensure comparability over time, we used the reported coverage of at least three doses of the respective vaccine. From 1995 onwards, any pertussis vaccine was reported including acellular pertussis vaccine (DTaP) [16].

You are incorrect with your comment.

OPV???

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 9:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OPV???

Oral Polio Vaccine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:07 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Oral Polio Vaccine.

I know what that is, but it's not been in use for a couple of years now...

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know what that is, but it's not been in use for a couple of years now...

This is true. I thought you were most recently interested in DTaP.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:59 am
Now I’m worried. All this propaganda works! Does anyone know if/ how to delay and schedule vaccines for after 6 months?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:12 am
Can anyone genuinely explain what Bill Gates is saying in his Ted talk on global warming he gave in 2010.
Youtube - Bill Gates Ted talk 2010.

nchr

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:14 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Can anyone genuinely explain what Bill Gates is saying in his Ted talk on global warming he gave in 2010.
Youtube - Bill Gates Ted talk 2010.

What do you want clarity on? I've listened to this before since it's applicable to my work.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:56 am
nchr wrote:
What do you want clarity on? I've listened to this before since it's applicable to my work.

Would you mind explaining?
He says on there "if we do a really good job at vaccines, we'll limit the population growth, and thus limit the amount of co2 in the environment "

They're having a conversation on how to slow global warming...

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:06 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Now I’m worried. All this propaganda works! Does anyone know if/ how to delay and schedule vaccines for after 6 months?
Read Dr. Paul's the vaccine friendly plan
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics