Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Skill-it cooking competition
1  2  Next

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:11 pm
Did anyone watch it on kosher.com? What are your thoughts? Which dishes would you make? Who do you think will win?

lora

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:18 pm
I didn't have time to finish but I thought it was relatively professional given the resources and budget and its exciting to see the Jewish entertainment world stepping it up. I hope this paves the way for similar projects

smss

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:30 pm
It's ok. I liked Food Fight last year way better.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:35 pm
smss wrote:

Same. The editing on food fight was much better too IMO.

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 4:05 pm
I loved food fight. The women were really racing to get everything done & came up with such original good ideas.

Men didnt seem so nervous to beat the time till the end

Wife1

Post Sat, Jul 06 2019, 8:27 pm
smss wrote:

Me too
Was hoping another food fight will come out maybe with the contestants that where not the final four

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:43 am
I just watched food fight again. Its interesting that Rorie won. Her dishes were nicely presented & probably tasted good as well but her dishes were more like typical ideas, maybe with a twist.
Flaky dough for deli roll or apple turnover....( with pudding/berries on top ok)
chic peas to top a salad....(nice salad with meat ok)
pastrami in a chicken rollup....

While others had innovative ideas, like a mushroom wrapped with pastrami, a chummus topped salmon etc.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 6:29 am
I thought it was odd that they changed the rules in middle of the last skill it. They were supposed to make an entree showcasing seasonal vegetables and all of a sudden with 20 minutes to go they had to make a dessert also? What in the world? Am I the only one that thought that was a joke?!

smss

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 6:38 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I thought it was odd that they changed the rules in middle of the last skill it. They were supposed to make an entree showcasing seasonal vegetables and all of a sudden with 20 minutes to go they had to make a dessert also? What in the world? Am I the only one that thought that was a joke?!

I think they decided it would be fun/exciting to add a "twist" like they do in Guy's Grocery Games. Honestly an hour just to make one entree is way more time than usually would be given in a competition like this!

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 7:26 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

Not unusual in cooking shows. I liked the second episode better than the first.

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 7:44 am
Moshe Nafisi who lucked out, brought all the bonus ingredients together in his 3 dimensional dessert.

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 7:46 am
luck was against him, as he cut his finger & busy with that, that he didnt have time to finish up his dish

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 7:47 am
They were lost when dessert was added but they all came through on the challenge

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 8:25 am
Nafisi had a good dish but he didnt meet the challenge because instructions were to showcase the seasonal produce. I guess the beets would have met the criteria but they got blood on them...

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 11:16 am
He forgot to put fresh veg, I think because he was short in time, stressed out from his wound. If he would just put it on a bed of lettuce or slice up some tomatoes on top of his meat dish it would be fine. Those things dont take up too much time

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 4:27 pm
What do you say to the winning champion?
Had a feeling from beginning who would win as it seems that there was some favortism.

Clearly Kolev Klein won the last challenge, but then the rules were changed to make Moshe the winner. Till now whoever failed left the contest, the rest stayed no matter who had the best dish. In the last challenge, seems like Moshe failed, but instead of it meaning that the one who stayed wins, they changed the rules to add up scores from all previous dishes to choose a winner. I think its unfair, because they weren't told upfront before the game started.

Seems like they like to have an ironic ending as suprise to viewers. Same thing happened with the women, at end the contestant that felt lost & clearly felt that they are not deserving of prize, that's the one who won the prize

What do think?

smss

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 5:51 pm
The person who gets the title of Skillit champion should be the one who overall did the best throughout the competition. That was Moshe Bloch although I agree Kolev took round #4 (not plating wise though). Again, this is how it works on most of these shows... the judges discuss all the dishes at the end when determining the winner.

dankbar

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 8:00 pm
it seems like presentation means a lot. Moshe's dishes were all a work of art

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 8:14 pm
I was a bit surprised as it seems Moshe's meat was too rare and he had dirt on the plate. Calev had a perfect steak. I was disappointed that the other dishes were included in the cheshbon because I also felt that changed the rules

dankbar

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 8:49 pm
I agree. Till now whoever failed with a technical thing with their dish was out of the race, regardless how his other dishes faired. If they tied at last episode, and you need a winning factor besides, I understand that they would take the other dishes into account. Well, here, Moshe obviously failed the challenge but instead of being out of the race, he actually was chosen as winner.

If rules would be that way from begining where they would be told upfront tgat in order to win all dishes will taken into account to sum up the final score, I would understand
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen