Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby confusing night and day.

Genius

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 10:54 am
My 7 month old began a new trend. She wakes up for her 11 30PM feed and forgets to go back to sleep. I end up either rocking her (great outlet for me, doesn't help much), rubbing her back or finally just flipping her onto her back and putting the mobile on for her. None of which are beneficial for the future. I do not want to give her the positive reinforcement (back rub or rocking) and definitely do not want to give the message that now is a time for play. This has gone on for the past week. Help!

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 10:59 am
What happens if you just leave her in the crib and let her figure it out? (Not advocating crying, just wondering if you've tried this). How does she fall asleep for the night?

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 11:02 am
When is she going to sleep, why is she waking up at 11:30 to eat? I think for a 7 month old that is way too early in the night to be eating.
Maybe try starting to skip that feeding. One way you can do it is to wake her up before she herself wakes up, and then each night move the time earlier and earlier until it is close enough to her bedtime that you just skip it.
At 7 months a baby can definitely be sleeping through the night without eating, and even if she is waking up it should be once probably closer to 2 or 3 am

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 11:03 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
When is she going to sleep, why is she waking up at 11:30 to eat? I think for a 7 month old that is way too early in the night to be eating.
Maybe try starting to skip that feeding. One way you can do it is to wake her up before she herself wakes up, and then each night move the time earlier and earlier until it is close enough to her bedtime that you just skip it.
At 7 months a baby can definitely be sleeping through the night without eating, and even if she is waking up it should be once probably closer to 2 or 3 am

LOL
None of my kids got that memo! Lots of breastfed babies wake up every few hours to nurse at that age.

Whether or not she can sleep through the night depends completely on how many calories she's getting during the day. And whether or not op even wants to sleep train.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 11:03 am
Good luck with that. My mom complained that I was the same way, wide awake and playing in my crib at 2am, and then sleeping all day.

Guess what? I'm 54, and I still have an inverted sleep cycle. No schooling, jobs, or other training can ever get me back on a "normal" schedule for more than a week. The jet lag feeling is terrible, and I always revert back.

I'm praying for you, that this is just a phase, and maybe a sign of a growth spurt. It's not easy being a night owl in a morning world.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 11:04 am
Is she crying? Or is she just awake?

If the former, I ask if she’s teething. The pain often wakes them

If the latter, I say, so what? She’ll fall back asleep when she’s bored of staring at her dark room

Genius

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:34 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
What happens if you just leave her in the crib and let her figure it out? (Not advocating crying, just wondering if you've tried this). How does she fall asleep for the night?

She goes to sleep nicely. No rocking needed. I let her grumble for a while. But then she just wails and doesn't stop. I gave her tylenol/motrin too. Didn't help.

Genius

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:37 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:

She goes to sleep 7/8. She used to wake up at around 2 or 3. Lately she started waking up. That's when my husband and I go to sleep (quietly) I guess she smells that she has an audience and takes advantage of it. I would try the waking her before she wakes herself and see how that goes over. Thanx

Genius

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:39 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Is she crying? Or is she just awake?

If the former, I ask if she’s teething. The pain often wakes them

If the latter, I say, so what? She’ll fall back asleep when she’s bored of staring at her dark room

She screams! I gave her painkillers bc I assumed she's teething. Didn't help much.

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:47 pm
shes waking when she hears you in room. Move her out of your room

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 4:34 pm
I am in awe of people who can walk around normally after putting their kids to bed. DD has super sonic hearing, even in her sleep.

When DD was a baby, I couldn't have her in my room. All I had to do was roll over or breathe too loud, and she'd be wide awake, wanting to know what was going on. She had the worst case of FOMO I've ever seen.(Fear Of Missing Out) Actually, she still does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics