Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Bobby’s place

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 6:54 am
Someone told me about this organization bobbys place. Unfortunately I’m sure I’d qualify and free shabbos clothing would be a huge help. Are they still around? How exactly do they work and what exactly do they give? Also, how do I apply?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 7:13 am
I’d say contact tomchei Shabbos - I believe they’re involved.

I went there as a teen, with my single mom.

If I remember correctly, it’s by appointment (but there’s more than one family at a time). It’s like a clothing store with fitting rooms.

As a fashion and social conscious teen, though, I was highly embarrassed to go. But my mother literally schlepped me there. I knew she couldn’t afford regular clothing stores but I was really embarrassed to be seen there. So if you have teens, please don’t make them go. Little children wouldn’t know. There’s a “checkout” process so things appear quite standard.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 7:16 am
I don’t remember exact details, but I think they gave per season: Shabbos clothing, weekday clothing and outerwear (coats etc). This was at least a decade ago so they may have expanded.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 7:27 am
They will take your information and ask for a reference who knows your general financial situation. They’ll give you an appointment to come try on clothes.

I remember as a teen my mom took me there. She knew my brothers sizes and got them clothes for YT. For me she took me along to try on the clothes. The clothing for me I didn’t like and didn’t flatter me. My mom made me take 1 YT outfit which I never wore.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:15 am
Does anyone have their number.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:19 am
https://www.aish.com/jw/s/Ange.....e=yes

718-677-4399
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics