Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Bought chicken cutlets in bulk and I need ideas

applesbananas

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:45 am
My DH found family packs of cutlets (not thin) on sale really cheap around pesach time. We normally grill a lot over the summer and im home shabbos a lot and host and I was thinking I would have no problem using them. Very shortly after he bought it I became pregnant bh and I took a look in the freezer last week and ALL the cutlets are still there unused. Anyone have ideas for me how to use them? We are a couple and 2 kids Confused

Optione

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:47 am
Chicken stir fry
Marinate in Italian dressing before grilling
Bread with cornflake crumbs
Bshaa tova!

westchestermom

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:51 am
Butterfly them so they're thinner, then marinate in olive oil, lime juice and garlic overnight and grill. If you don't grill, put them in the broiler for about ten minutes at 500 degrees and then cover with foil.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:51 am
When I get a big pack of chicken cutlets I clean them immediately then bag them in super portions. A few bags of big cutlets, a few bags of medium sized thin cutlets, 2 bags of fingers, 2 bags of small pieces (for stir fry). Some bags I throw in a sauce or marinate so I can take out and grill straightaway.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:52 am
Marinate in soy sauce and sugar and thread onto soaked wooden skewers. Grill for chicken lollipops.

Brush with oil, season both sides well with garlic powder, smoked paprika and salt, and bake on high heat until just done. Tent with foil and rest. Slice on the diagonal and serve over salad. Also good cold.

Saute onion and pepper strips. Add chicken strips and fajita seasoning. Serve in flour tortillas or over rice.

Cut into cubes and make oven baked sesame chicken.

applesbananas

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:35 am
Thanks everyone! Keep the ideas coming Smile its way too much for us to eat in one night so recipes that freeze well would be great. I would even store till I give birth and pull it out when in postpartum...

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:50 am
Chicken keeps really well in the freezer, so don't panic!

In addition to playing around with a lot of types of spices, I also resort to Osem and Knorr bottled sauces (shhhh, don't tell anyone!)

Easy chicken curry:

One can of diced tomatoes
One can of coconut Cream (not milk)
Diced up chicken cutlets
I can of beans, any kind
A bunch of mixed vegetables (frozen or fresh)

Spices: Curry powder, fresh ginger, hot sauce or pepper flakes to taste, one tablespoon of sugar.

Cooked rice

Sautee chicken until it's half cooked. Add tomatoes, coconut cream, beans, veggies, and season to taste, adjusting spices as you go.

Serve over steamed Jasmine rice or Basmati rice.

This tastes even better the next day. If you double the recipe, it can be frozen for future use. Microwaves nicely if DH packs a lunch for work.

Because of the acid in the tomatoes, do not store or reheat in an aluminum pan.

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:52 am
shwarma

chinese chicken with broocolli

sauteed cubes

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:52 am
chicken pastrami roll ups

applesbananas

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 12:15 pm
FF- yum! That is right up my alley. I love middle eastern food. Dh likes Chinese and American food thou ...

Fast Forward

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 3:42 pm
I found this recipe on an old thread here.
"AUNT HINDY'S CHICKEN

onion, cut up
red pepper, cut up
yellow pepper, cut up
mushrooms, sliced (I use 1/4- 1/2 lb fresh)
boneless chicken, diced
garlic powder (she uses one cube)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
2 T. onion soup mix
2 T. flour
1 c. water

Saute vegetables over medium heat. Add chicken cutlets and saute until cooked. Add garlic, salt, and pepper. Gradually sprinkle in onion soup mix and flour, mixing as you sprinkle (so that you don't get clumps). Quickly add water, mix, and bring to boil. Simmer for another 20 to 40 minutes."

I saute the chicken in a little oil until it is no longer pink and then add the vegetables. Personally, I leave out the mushrooms. While cooking, check that there is enough liquid. It's delicious over potatoes, rice and even with noodles. Also freezes great and sometimes tastes even better reheated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey