Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Selling Ali Express items

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:01 pm
Hi,
I'm a really good shopper, I have bought my kids adorable clothing and party/Purim decor , jewelery for myself that no one believes isn't
real.. I Live OOT ppl are always telling me they love my kids clothing when I tell them to shop Ali they'll usually say it's to overwhelming etc etc...
Right now I need an extra income what are your thoughts about selling things I order on Ali. I can sell it at nights from my house I would not mark it up a lot since I won't really have expenses.
I'm wondering if people will say I can just order this myself ...and how I would get variety so not everyone in our neighborhood would have the exact same earrings t shirts etc.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:06 pm
A few thoughts... 1. There are sites/ accounts that link to popular styles already. So people really don't have to sift unless they want even more options. 2. Sizing and quality are iffy, so you'll have to order in advance of the season and make sure it's something you can actually sell. And then either deal with returning or absorb the cost. 3. You're right that you can't mark up too high, because most of the stuff is not worth a lot more than they're selling it for, and people really do have access to buying without you as the middle man. So you'll have to sell a lot of volume to make this whole business worthwhile for you. You'll also be left with some stock possibly, which again you'll have to absorb the cost.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:32 pm
Lots of people do this in lakewood. My sis in law actually opened an ali business out of town. Why not give it a shot (if it's not the same city she lives in). I recommend you only sell tried and true because sizing can run wayyy off. And you also want to have a nice variety of sizes and items.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:37 pm
Go for it! Tons of hatzlacha! I would shop there in a heartbeat!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:41 pm
Of course people are willing to pay more. Not gambling with sizes, not waiting a month or more for clothes, seeing the fabrics in real time and not having to search thru pages and pages on ali. There are 2 successful stores in lakewood selling ali clothes ...

sra

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:06 pm
Many successful stores sell Ali items among their regular items!!

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:25 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Of course people are willing to pay more. Not gambling with sizes, not waiting a month or more for clothes, seeing the fabrics in real time and not having to search thru pages and pages on ali. There are 2 successful stores in lakewood selling ali clothes ...

Tottini and who is the second one?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:33 pm
I would pay for jewelry recommendations. I've been wearing the same (real) jewelry for ages, and I've looked for faux jewelry that looks real, but never think it does look real! And I am not interested in paying $$$ for real stuff at this point!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics