Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What kind of manicure do you usually get?

What kind of manicure do you usually get?
I don't  
 56%  [ 124 ]
regular  
 20%  [ 45 ]
gel  
 16%  [ 35 ]
powder  
 3%  [ 8 ]
other  
 2%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 218

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 5:23 am
I like my nails short, but I like it done. I don't do a great job and rarely have it done because it comes off so quickly. I only recently bought gloves for working in the kitchen, but don't always remember to wear them. I'm out of the loop and found about a gel manicure only a few weeks ago. I got one and love it. I heard about powder, but I don't think they do it here.

As a side note, it was under $12 Smile , but salary is much less here too.

Are there other kinds?

cnc

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 5:24 am
14 day nail polish - it really helps.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:17 am
Gel mani for $12?! Where do you live? In brooklyn thats almost the price of a regular mani!!

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:43 am
I do my nail myself or gel.
I'm not paying someone to do regular polish that chips in 2 days.

essie14

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:45 am
Gel isn't great for my nails so I only do it for Pesach and Sukkot. In between I either do my nails myself or get a regular manicure once in a while.

saralem

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:47 am
I get the non gel polish that stays on longer than regular. Essie in the twisty bottle. It’s a couple dollars more but stays on. I did gel for a long time and it damaged my nails. I just did powder for the first time. While it looks great and stays on long, it also damaged my nails.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:55 am
yo'ma wrote:
I like my nails short, but I like it done. I don't do a great job and rarely have it done because it comes off so quickly. I only recently bought gloves for working in the kitchen, but don't always remember to wear them. I'm out of the loop and found about a gel manicure only a few weeks ago. I got one and love it. I heard about powder, but I don't think they do it here.

Are there other kinds?

If I didn’t have to keep Niddah I would do it much more. I find the stress of removal before Mikvah not worth going. It’s hard enough taking off the cheap polish I use at home before Mikvah.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:07 am
I used to get the Essie 14-day nail polish but it never lasted for even 7 days for me.
And the nail salon charges $5 extra for it.
So I went back to $13 manicures and I find it lasts just as long as the supposedly long lasting ones.
I think the length of time my manicures stay nice are dependent more on the particular color and amount of scrubbing and housecleaning I do that week.

SingALong

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:04 am
I get theessie 14 day polish. My local place calls it a weekly manicure. I find it lasts me between 5-7 days.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:32 pm
yo'ma wrote:

Are there other kinds?

I get gel "fill in"
They put this clearish gel on my nail and when that hardens under the light they put any color I choose. I get it done every three or four weeks. They have a special drill and they take the polish off that way. I used to get shellack but it made my nails very weak.

tymama

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 5:43 pm
Gel is terrible for my nails but I usually do it anyways cuz I have to patience tI let my nails dry properly. I also like having my nails done and hate going so often so gel kinda does the trick

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:01 pm
Ive never gotten a manicure. Maybe once or twice as a teenager and my friend did it on me

Aylat

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 12:32 am
I don't get manicures but I like painting my nails fun colours myself. Cheap regular polish because I know it will chip anyway.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 6:21 am
cnc wrote:
14 day nail polish - it really helps.

Which one is that? Is it the Essie gel in the twist bottle?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics