Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
4 vaccines at once and I'm terrified! What to do?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:14 am
I'm not anti vaccine just afraid of vaccines. My daughter got measles from the MMR and immediately regressed with talking and walking. She started drooling and lost her balance for about 3 months. After intensive therapy for a couple of years she is now symptoms free B"H. I had a medical exemption all those years for a 2nd MMR for her. Now that the medical exemption is not acceptable I have a big problem.

My husband on the other hand believes it was a fluke and all will be well. My school has been giving me problems with my 2 younger semi vaccinated kids. My husband took my kids to the doctor supposedly only for the MMR. Doctor talked my husband into getting them up to date and administered. Polio, DPT, Varicella and MMR all at the same time yesterday. Today they are both feverish and feeling ill. I'm petrified. What can I do to Banging head minimize side effects?

flmommy

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:34 am
Daven and contact a Homeopath to see what you can do to detox.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:37 am
Thats normal the day after shots.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:38 am
It's normal to feel ill and fever after taking shots.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:47 am
It's always hard to see your child feeling sick after a shot. But just think, if she got sick just from the shot, imagine how sick she would have gotten from the actual illness. No one enjoys giving shots, no one enjoys the fever and fussiness after, but keep in mind you are doing the right thing to prevent much worse harm in the future. It's a worthwhile sacrifice.

Alternate tylenol/motrin to minimize any discomfort and fever. Keep them hydrated, and within a few days they will be back to normal.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:49 am
You cannot get the measles from the MMR. This is an anti vax post. Your children will IYH be fine. Take it easy, and understand reactions occur only 1 in a million times. If you see anything concerning, let your dr know. All will be ok.

flmommy

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:53 am
You absolutely can get a measles like rash from the MMR. It recently happened and was in the news.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:54 am
flmommy wrote:
You absolutely can get a measles like rash from the MMR. It recently happened and was in the news.

Measles like rash but NOT the measles.

keym

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:56 am
If your daughter got the measles from the MMR, maybe all that regression, drooling, loss of balance came from the measles as opposed to the shots?

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:02 am
flmommy wrote:
Daven and contact a Homeopath to see what you can do to detox.

Or you can hightail it to the nearest 7/11 store and buy the kid a Slurpie. That's the most effective natural cure and the kid is guaranteed to be so happy that he will complain again a few hours later so that you will have to make repeat trips to the Slurpie fountain.

renslet

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:19 am
I've read a few studies about Tylenol or other painkillers after the shot making the vaccine less effective. Still being debated but I would hold off unless there's a fever.
Slurpees, on the other hand,sound like a great idea. Keeps the kid cool, hydrated and happy.
Win win

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:23 am
All this talk of slurpees got me all riled up for one. Make way for pregnant thirsty lady 7/11!!

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:24 am
https://www.webmd.com/children.....cines

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:49 am
If your kid got the measles immediately after taking the MMR, it means that she already had the measles before getting the vaccine. You don't get measles from the MMR and definitely not immediately afterwards.

WastingTime

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:00 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Or you can hightail it to the nearest 7/11 store and buy the kid a Slurpie. That's the most effective natural cure and the kid is guaranteed to be so happy that he will complain again a few hours later so that you will have to make repeat trips to the Slurpie fountain.

This is the most sensible suggestion I have ever seen in any vax thread!
Slurpies go beyond placebo effect. And costs a millionth of the price of a Detox Duck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics