Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What are the Kosher restaurants in Paris
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:25 am
Can you call lease post the list of kosher restaurants in Paris ?

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 2:11 am
This kind of information can be googled easily.

http://www.kosherinfrance.com/.....D_BwE

Raisin

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 5:26 am
There are many many restaurants in Paris. Its been a while since I was there but we got a nice take out from darjeeling, and also ate at Tibs. There is an awesome falafel place on Rue des Rosiers that is seriously the best falafel I have ever eaten in my life.

Also there are a few different hechsherim.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 5:46 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
This kind of information can be googled easily.

http://www.kosherinfrance.com/.....D_BwE

Thanks. The problem is that some restaurants is marked kosher on The internet but it’s only kosher style

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 5:47 am
Raisin wrote:
There are many many restaurants in Paris. Its been a while since I was there but we got a nice take out from darjeeling, and also ate at Tibs. There is an awesome falafel place on Rue des Rosiers that is seriously the best falafel I have ever eaten in my life.

Also there are a few different hechsherim.

Thanks. What are the reliable hechsherim?

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 6:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. The problem is that some restaurants is marked kosher on The internet but it’s only kosher style

So Google "restaurant with hechsher x" or whatever. Or ask about a particular restaurant.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 6:31 am
Navy, she is lacking the basic information. Your posts are not helpful. If you know about the hechsherim there, what is reliable, which are more stringent, etc. then tell her. Otherwise, let those in the know answer.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 6:51 am
Iymnok wrote:
Navy, she is lacking the basic information. Your posts are not helpful. If you know about the hechsherim there, what is reliable, which are more stringent, etc. then tell her. Otherwise, let those in the know answer.

I wasn't trying to be difficult, and apologize to the op if I came across that way. I was just pointing out the limitations of an online forum.

It's unfair to ask for huge amounts of information, especially when they are easily accessible.

The people in the group don't know you. If you say, I eat badatz eida charedis or kedassia or OU, which hechsher in Paris is similar, that's a fair question.

What are all the kosher restaurants in Paris and which is appropriate for me isn't a formulation that gets answers. But there are ways to phrase a question so that those in the know can indeed help.

Again, op, sorry I couldn't help with the specifics. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 11:48 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I wasn't trying to be difficult, and apologize to the op if I came across that way. I was just pointing out the limitations of an online forum.

It's unfair to ask for huge amounts of information, especially when they are easily accessible.

The people in the group don't know you. If you say, I eat badatz eida charedis or kedassia or OU, which hechsher in Paris is similar, that's a fair question.

What are all the kosher restaurants in Paris and which is appropriate for me isn't a formulation that gets answers. But there are ways to phrase a question so that those in the know can indeed help.

Again, op, sorry I couldn't help with the specifics. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

I did search online a lot. You are right I should specify. We eat regular hechshers like OU and any mainstream yeshivish or approved hechshers. We are going to be staying at the hotel Aida opera and I want to know what are the restaurants that are next to the hotel and also around Paris if it’s a restaurant that it is French or unique to Paris. We have a limited amount of money. It’s a long story but we didn’t pay for this trip and we are trying to make the most out of it. TIA

Raisin

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 11:56 am
If you eat OU I think Beth din of paris is similar level. But check if meat is glatt.

Rotenberg is similar to kedassia or bedatz.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:10 pm
Raisin wrote:
If you eat OU I think Beth din of paris is similar level. But check if meat is glatt.

Rotenberg is similar to kedassia or bedatz.

Definitely not the case. In America every Orthodox hashgacha is glatt. The vast majority of Beth Din of Paris meat restaurants are NOT glatt. So if someone is makpid on glatt, there are actually not very many meat restaurants to choose from.

Op, Paris is one of the cities with the highest number of kosher restaurants. It's also a pretty large city. I think if you give people more parameters they may be able to help you better. Like let us know which districts and what your hashgacha requirements are.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:21 pm
We are staying at hotel Aida opera. We eat OU but as long that it’s a reasonable hashgacha we are ok with it. We are going on tours of the Eiffel Tower and the louvre.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are staying at hotel Aida opera. We eat OU but as long that it’s a reasonable hashgacha we are ok with it. We are going on tours of the Eiffel Tower and the louvre.

You should find out if you're makpid to eat only glatt meat or not.

Here's a site with kosher restaurants. They clearly show which district they're in. When you click it shows the hashgacha. https://www.123cacher.com/paris.htm

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:45 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
You should find out if you're makpid to eat only glatt meat or not.

Here's a site with kosher restaurants. They clearly show which district they're in. When you click it shows the hashgacha. https://www.123cacher.com/paris.htm

Thank you!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 1:41 pm
mangercacher
123cacher
We cannot list hundreds bh
If you need glatt go charedi or ask if one of their meats is glatt

Raisin

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 2:55 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Definitely not the case. In America every Orthodox hashgacha is glatt. The vast majority of Beth Din of Paris meat restaurants are NOT glatt. So if someone is makpid on glatt, there are actually not very many meat restaurants to choose from.

Op, Paris is one of the cities with the highest number of kosher restaurants. It's also a pretty large city. I think if you give people more parameters they may be able to help you better. Like let us know which districts and what your hashgacha requirements are.

Yes, not all Beth din of Paris meat is glatt. But only beef or lamb is glatt...(Not chicken, fish or milchigs)

You can always enquire about glatt. I'm sure some popular restaurants have it due to demand.

You can search by hechsher (label) in the kosher in france website.

Also, my french friend told me many kosher restaurants are on deliveroo and similar apps.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 6:11 pm
Ruchel wrote:
mangercacher
123cacher
We cannot list hundreds bh
If you need glatt go charedi or ask if one of their meats is glatt

Wow I thought there are no more than 20 or 30. I guess I have enough information and I will get more info when I get there. Thanks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:17 pm
What is one memorable French restaurant with French food or something that we should go to.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:00 pm
20 or 30 lol no... This is Paris
Today I did Moses but that's American.
Try Tikoun olam and Rodchenko

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 2:56 am
Thank you!
Is Miznon kosher?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics