Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
A great camp has mold!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 6:29 pm
Dd and her friends said they have mold in the bunk and a lot of girls have bad colds and headaches. It’s one of the camps that supposed to have the best conditions. Wwyd?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 6:31 pm
If it's camp Bnos please PM me

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 6:32 pm
Speak to you pediatrician. Have your child's doctor email the camp about health concerns and have him/her call the camp nurse directly.

sky

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 6:33 pm
Call the camp about your concerns. Ask them to check it out and ask by when they will get back to you.

Not to discredit your concerns. But I remember the good old camp days were the thought of something wrong brought mass historia and symptoms that suddenly appeared en masse.

aricelli

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 6:41 pm
sky wrote:
Call the camp about your concerns. Ask them to check it out and ask by when they will get back to you.

Not to discredit your concerns. But I remember the good old camp days were the thought of something wrong brought mass historia and symptoms that suddenly appeared en masse.

Or color war!
But check it out

Last edited by aricelli on Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:09 pm
My daughter never complains

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:18 pm
My ds got Allergy related Bronchitis 3 years in a row that he was in sleep away camp. He was on meds in camp 3 years in a row. His camp is one of the newer ones and it still had a horrible effect on him. He is home this year and bh he is fine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:51 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
My ds got Allergy related Bronchitis 3 years in a row that he was in sleep away camp. He was on meds in camp 3 years in a row. His camp is one of the newer ones and it still had a horrible effect on him. He is home this year and bh he is fine.

This is terrible. We sent her to the best camp with good conditions. And now it is really disturbing. I don’t care about bad food or disgusting shower but this is over the top! What’s going on????

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:55 pm
One of mine came home from camp with pneumonia years ago. I also wondered if mold was the cause.

sra

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:02 pm
did the girls discuss it with the camp director?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:24 pm
Mold is EXTREMELY toxic! Do not underestimate how dangerous this stuff can be.

They need to get a professional mold abatement company out there ASAP. In the meantime, everything in the bunks should be spread out in direct sunlight, so the UV rays can help kill off the spores.

If any girls are feeling ill, they should also spend time in the sun. It will help them feel better sooner. Make sure the nurses office has enough emergency asthma inhalers to go around.

When I was in Ulpan, they tried to move our classroom downstairs, because we had two students with mobility issues. The downstairs classroom had a leaky air conditioner, and one whole wall was literally BLACK with a fuzzy velvet coating. If you even moved near it, the draft was enough to send a fine cloud of black dust through the air.

That day several people, including me, left at lunch break. The next day we came back, but left at morning break because we just couldn't deal. Eventually the whole class refused to come in until the mold was removed. The building owner wouldn't do it, so they moved us back upstairs.

We all agreed to help the people who had trouble with the stairs by carrying their books, bags, canes, or walkers up, and by holding their arms on both sides. It was a small price to pay to have a classroom we could all breathe in.

Several of the people who were exposed to mold ended up missing a few more weeks of class, and we all took notes and brought them over while they were recovering.

Long story short, do not dismiss someone as being a whiny princess because there is mold. Remember, the mold that you see, is only a tiny portion of what is deep in the walls. It's the very tip of the iceberg.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:27 pm
If they truly have mold, it should be discussed with management. I wouldn't get too worked up based on what the girls said alone, because.. well, because I've been a girl at camp Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:06 pm
I don’t understand why are the conditions so bad at camp? We pay so much money and we need to send them food etc.

isrmss91

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:02 am
V'Nishartem Es Nefeshchem. We are obligated to take care of our health. I would call.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children