Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Did you buy a 27" wide stackable washer/dryer recently?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:15 pm
Did you buy a 27" stackable washer/dryer (that goes in a closet), recently?

I had the Maytag for 10+ years but its totally gone, and is discontinued. My repair person says to stay away from any brand besides Whirlpool.

My closet space is 31" in the width and 31" inches in the depth.

I now need an extra 5" in the back of my laundry closet to accommodate a Whirlpool, thats similar quality. I have to move a gas line slightly and break sheetrock.

My other option is buying GE or LG or Speedqueen, all made very cheaply now, but would fit the closet where I now have the Maytag.

WWYD?

Buy a junkier machine or get a Whirlpool and change sheetrock and gas line?

amother
White

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 4:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you buy a 27" stackable washer/dryer (that goes in a closet), recently?

I had the Maytag for 10+ years but its totally gone, and is discontinued. My repair person says to stay away from any brand besides Whirlpool.

My closet space is 31" in the width and 31" inches in the depth.

I now need an extra 5" in the back of my laundry closet to accommodate a Whirlpool, thats similar quality. I have to move a gas line slightly and break sheetrock.

My other option is buying GE or LG or Speedqueen, all made very cheaply now, but would fit the closet where I now have the Maytag.

WWYD?

Buy a junkier machine or get a Whirlpool and change sheetrock and gas line?

I have the LG in my closet for the past 3 years and am extremely happy with it. It also has a 10 year warranty

Amarante

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 4:09 pm
I would discount what your repair person is saying about Whirlpool being the only decent brand.

If you go to houzz.com, they have a forum on appliances and the people are extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

AJ Madison has a website that has a lot of appliances and you can read about various models.

I just got a compact washer/dryer and read lots of reviews and went with the Bosch and I am really happy. I needed a compact one though.

I can't make specific recommendations but I know Samsung is supposed to make quality machines as well. Miele appliances are also well rated - I know there dishwashers are superb quality but have no knowledge of their washer/dryers.

tothepoint

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 4:27 pm
I am very happy with my GE stackable washer. Got it from signature appliances, staff was very helpful

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 9:24 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I have the LG in my closet for the past 3 years and am extremely happy with it. It also has a 10 year warranty

I spoke to the repair person again and he said if its a too big undertaking to get the Whirlpool, to go with the LG.

https://www.lg.com/us/washer-dryer-combos

Do you know which model you have?

How did you get a 10 year warranty?

TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics