Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tiny apt when to start packing?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:54 pm
I need to start packing soon as I’m moving in about a month iyh. Where do I even start I have no where to put boxes! Any tips appreciated!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:10 pm
550 square feet here. When/if I ever move, im paying for the packing service.

yerushamama

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:22 pm
Pack the contents of one cabinet or closet, and put the box in that cabinet or closet. The motzei Shabbos before you move, start the serious packing. Hatzlacha!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:26 pm
When we moved out of a tiny apartment, we packed everything in 2 days. The night before we moved, we went to my parents for the night.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:30 pm
Don't start actually packing yet. Start with organizing and getting rid of things you don't wear/need to keep. You can put things you don't need right now, like winter clothing or wedding presents you haven't touched yet, in small boxes in your trunk. You can also slowly make bags of stuff, like all your cleaning supplies or extra toiletries, which you'll eventually put in large boxes. Then spend a few full days packing everything at the end. It will be much easier if everything is organized and ready to be placed in a box.

Also, if your the list type, take stock of what you have and which box it will go in. This way you'll be able to take a box and fill it efficiently without wasting your time and space.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:07 am
We moved out of tiny apartment a few years ago. We packed sefarim and then put the boxes on the shelves. We moved the couch out a tiny and filled the space with boxes. We fill the tiny hallway....and then we had the moving company pack the rest (which was actually most of the stuff)

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:54 am
when we moved out of our tiny apt we
*stored boxes of unnecessary stuff at neighbor (winter coats and out of season items)
*packed boxes then stacked them in closets
*started real serious packing 1 1/2 wks before moving & stacked neatly in a corner was livable knowing were outta there in no time

HAPPY PACKING
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating