Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp Tubby - Advice needed
Previous  1  2

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 12:50 am
Do your daughters go by bus or plane?

I live OOT, and most of the camps are a flight away. Trying to understand where a set of plastic drawers, and a chair would fit. Sounds like a nightmare to shlep, not to mention the extra luggage fees.

bobeli

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:10 am
if she is going second half it's more chilled.
last year I was in the area where they depart from brooklyn (both halfs) and didn't see many camp chairs or drawers. some girls yes some not.
they take a "nash box" which in my opinion is crazy but they all do, is a big plastic container like for storage filled with snacks, candy, etc. and water Scratching Head

if you want more info you can pm me

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:29 am
Thunderstorm, someone was pulling your leg.
Tubby stands for tichon beis Yaakov.
Never was a “chubby” camp.

flmommy

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:05 am
You can have the drawers and chair sent via Amazon or whoever directly to camp. I wouldn’t expect them to make it home.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:42 am
bobeli wrote:
if she is going second half it's more chilled.
last year I was in the area where they depart from brooklyn (both halfs) and didn't see many camp chairs or drawers. some girls yes some not.
they take a "nash box" which in my opinion is crazy but they all do, is a big plastic container like for storage filled with snacks, candy, etc. and water Scratching Head

if you want more info you can pm me

The idea of the nosh box, I.e. a sturdy plastic container, is to keep whatever food you bring safe from animals.

But this whole camp thing is really sobering. If I was sending kids to camp now there's no way they'd be able to fly - drawers on an airplaine? - with what's become the minimum.
ETA: Just saw that you can Amazon them. You know what, camp is expensive enough. No.

OP, you don't know want your daughter to feel marginalized. But you also don't have to buy into every little thing every single person does. Care packages are lovely, but if you send a kid with food and money for the canteen and (is it the inevitable?) Walmart trips, they're not necessary. What's really nice is frequent snail mail. Email too if the camp facilitates but write every few days, and if any relatives want to do something, encourage them to also.

Chaya123

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:18 pm
Can someone please send link to plastic drawers that girls bring? I purchased in Walmart but afraid they're too small.

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:11 pm
BH, I only opened this to make sure Camp Tubby wasn't a frum fat camp.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children