Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Period and water park - ASAP
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:46 pm
Hi. My daughter is going on a trip tomorrow to a water park. She got her period yesterday and shes all panicky about having her period with a pad in the water.

Whats the best way to swing this??? Shes crying hysterically I need advice!

abaker

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:48 pm
First period or just period in general? Tampons are her friend!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:49 pm
It’s times for her to learn how to use tampons

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:55 pm
You just can't wear a pad at a water park. It's unclean for everyone, and uncomfortable for the girl. They probably dump a ton of chlorine in the water, but just the thought of blood leaking into the pool grosses me out.

That just happened to DD, surprise period at a water park. She only had one tampon with her, and panicked. Fortunately, someone she was with was brave enough to ask a park employee where they could buy some more. It turns out the water park doesn't sell tampons (STUPID!), but the employee gave DD 3 extra, and a chocolate milkshake for free.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:55 pm
Tampon

aricelli

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 9:37 pm
They sell period swimwear though I dont know if its any good.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:05 pm
there will always be those girls that don't go on the stuff in the waterpark, they group together on the chairs, and shmooz...absolutely do NOT tell her to go into the water with a pad unless she wants something mega embarassing to happen. Can she just ditch the trip?

nchr

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:48 pm
Teach her to use tampons and make sure she changes them regularly, for both health reasons and because they can leak.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:14 am
Girls can use tampons?I thought only woman who have had s^x before

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:26 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

I’m hoping you forgot to put the /s

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:09 am

Anyone could. I started with the junior ones. They are super thin. You have to change them very often since they are so narrow, but they do the job. Once used to it, a regular size fits in most teens.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:09 am

It seems like every month we get a thread like this.

Yes, a virgin can use a tampon.

No, do not go into a pool with a pad.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:36 am

I started using tampons at 11, the first period I got. As a swimmer it was essential. I am so sad that these myths about virginity and tampons are still bandied about.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:22 am
I don’t know if I agree with everyone.

She’ll be wearing a cover up, right? So no one will know!

She’s not swimming, the ride will just dunk her in the pool for a minute...

People have bits of feces and urine on them that gets washed into the water when they go in. If you are not worried about that, why do you care do much about drops of blood?

WhatFor

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:48 am
I sometimes have to wonder if some of these amothers are men... But for anyone who has no experience with a sanitary pad, please just dunk one in a sink full of water, stick it on your underwear, walk around for five hours and come back and let us all know how that feels.

devash1

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:06 am
My daughter got period at age 10 and she learned how to use a tampon that first time.she was a little nervous but she thanks me that she doesn't have to worry about swimming.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:11 am
Frum girls don't generally use tampons. Tell her not to go in the water.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:12 am
WhatFor wrote:
I sometimes have to wonder if some of these amothers are men... But for anyone who has no experience with a sanitary pad, please just dunk one in a sink full of water, stick it on your underwear, walk around for five hours and come back and let us all know how that feels.

Exactly.

My mom told me I could wear a pad to swim. Um. No. You can’t. And I’m not talking about what might end up in the pool. Im talking about it filling up with water. With the adhesive getting unglued etc

tampon would be the answer which I don’t see a problem with except she may have a hard time learning how to use one under pressure.

Or I’m not sure. It must be something that comes up a lot. Wonder what ppl do?

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:13 am
What people do is not go in the water. Just hang around schmoozing. It isn't complicated.

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:23 am
I didn't use tampons until I was married (and I was fine with that, no bashing, that's not the point) and when my whole school went swimming I stayed in with all the rest of the girls who didn't go.
Wondering all the time which ones really didn't want to go and which weren't going because of the same reason as me. Smile
It really depends on how important it is for your daughter to go in. If she really loves swimming, teach her, preferably in advance, how to use a tampon. If she's okay with staying out of the pool and schmoozing with the girls that are out, then all's good.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children