Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
To give away Old fashioned clothing newborn &children

laki

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:47 pm
Anyone known of gemach or organization that takes outdated and old fashioned clothing for newborn and children?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:24 am
How far are you willing to ship?
Have you seen clothes dumpsters? They say the proceeds go to some charity or other. I know of chesed organizations that have their own.
If you can't find a tzedaka that you would personally like to give to and just want to get rid of it, I'd try Purple Heart. But wait a few days and see what info turns up. Hatzlacha!

cbg

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:42 am
I always make 2 bags
1 for Jewish gemach, almost new clothing
1 for goodwill. Even if it’s rags
What ever they can’t use or sell they sell it to a company that recycles the material into carpet padding, etc.

laki

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:59 am
Don't have the heart to give away for rags. Like pick purple. Im talking good stuff just not up to date/ fashion And don't want to spend $ shipping to Eretz yisroel. People would use it there

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 9:15 am
At Goodwill it will go to use.

jewish613

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 9:26 am
How old fashioned do you mean? 5 years? 10 years? 30 years?

I know there are clothing drives for eretz yisrael like yad leah. Maybe you can contact them?

theta1870

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 10:09 am
Even though it is officially sponsored by a different religion, I donate to the Salvation Army. They support the needy of all faiths, not just their own. In my area, the SA donation center is efficient and it is really easy for the donors. They have a drive through!

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 11:05 am
Donate wherever it is most convenient as I don't differentiate between needy people - only between thrift shops that are for profit and those which support the needy.

Don't deliberately donate rags to ANY charity. It costs them money to sort through them. If you have any doubt as to whether a charity actually wants ragged clothing, please contact them directly.

Out of style and clean, not ragged is different especially since your out of style is someone else's cool retro fashion :-).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics