Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Free Stand Up comedy in NYC, pref. no drink minimum?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:32 pm
Looking to go any night this week to Free Stand Up comedy in NYC. The less rowdy crowd the better.

Also, are any free stand up places open during the day?

TIA

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:33 pm
I don’t know if Comedy Sports would work for you - that’s live group improv, but it’s definitely family-friendly in terms of language and subject matter.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:15 pm
Why would it be free?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:56 pm
Most stand up is not going to be "kosher" although I was at 2 fabulous ones in a Shul in FairLawn that were very appropriate and absolutely hilarious.
Family friendly (for the general public) in this day and age would still make may people blush.
I am not judging, just be pre-warned.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:21 pm
I've never heard of a totally free show. How so they pay rent in NYC? There's always a minimum and/or cover charge in my experience.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 9:58 pm
As far as free, many arent free, but theres one on the Upper West Side just off Broadway that I went to, that was totally free, and no drinks needed. I just dont know if theyre always free, and what their name is. I believe comedians come to try out their material, but there definitely are some free stand up comedy places in NY.

Im not 100% sure but it seems to me that this one in Brooklyn, is totally free too:

https://eastvillecomedy.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries