Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you get rid of rainbow bedding
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

urban gypsy

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 10:06 am
OBnursemom wrote:
Those are so nice! I would buy them. I just bought rainbow bed in bags for my girls at Target. I’m not ashamed of it either. They’re pretty.

Agreed. I don't care what people think they represent! I adore rainbows, always have, always will, and I always choose rainbow everything when I have the chance. Preferably with glitter. They can pry my rainbows from my cold dead hands.

nchr

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 10:09 am
The rainbow line at Pottery barn is intended for kids. It has nothing to do with pride, although rainbows are used by the pride movement. It's really your choice. I would not throw them out.

First Lady

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 10:55 am
I thought the pride movement just used the colors of the rainbow , not the actual rainbow symbol.
A bold multi color stripe dress, I'd think twice. But actual rainbows? It's too universal of a symbol. Just my opinion

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 11:05 am
pause wrote:
Amethyst, I'm not familiar enough with Cham and Noach (I know there was nakedness involved but I don't know enough about it) and that's not what I was asking about.

I first brought up my disgust when someone mentioned that there was more to the relationship of Yonasan and Dovid or Rus and Naomi. This statement comes from the LGBTQ platform, using "stories" from the Bible to prove their agenda. Unless you prove this from Torah commentary, this is a disgusting, horrible and twisted thing to say.

I know some people "read" into it this way. These people are not true frum Torah Jews, and they are not relying on any valid Torah source to twist pesukim to suit their purpose. They are misguided and nobody should be quoting them here on this site.

I'm not coming back to this thread because I've said mine. That was an apalling statement, and I had to be "moche" for the sake of true Torah (which, as a Torah Jew, cannot be interpreted however you want).

The idea that Yonason/Dovid or Naomi/Rus might be more than friends has been discussed for a long time by frum Jews outside the LGBTQ community. Many midrashim/commentaries often have bizarre ideas. They make interesting reads, not sure why you are so upset. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am not sure where you see the LGBQT community “twisting” Torah for their “agenda” or “platform” on here. In the same way frum Jews don’t go around proselytising, most LGBQT people don’t either. And some are both. There is a tremendous scene in “Trembling before G-D” where a gay, frum woman feels comfortable being herself for the first time. She boos at a Pride event where they are denouncing religion.

Back to this thread: the only appalling thing on this thread is the original question, the idea that some innocent bedding can be part of an “agenda” which doesn’t actually exist.

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 11:21 am
Just wanted to say that one of my pet peeves is when every single close friendship is interpreted as g@y. It’s not. I wrote a whole essay on Dovid and Yonasan proving this for college.
I am very lucky to have some amazing close friendships. People I would die for and love so so strongly. PLATONICALLY. Many of us have kids, platonic strong love is nothing new. I hate how nowadays no one talks about friendships. Everything is sexu@l love. Well in reality it’s not. There are many different kinds of relationships.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:03 pm
If the brand is stinky that's to consider but per se rainbow is rainbow and no one claims a natural phenomenon?

OBnursemom

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:37 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
Agreed. I don't care what people think they represent! I adore rainbows, always have, always will, and I always choose rainbow everything when I have the chance. Preferably with glitter. They can pry my rainbows from my cold dead hands.

Look how pretty they are!

Last edited by OBnursemom on Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

urban gypsy

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:38 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
Look how pretty they are! Check out this item at Target https://www.target.com/p/twin-.....21509

OOOO beautiful! I'm off to order them FOR MYSELF !!!! Tongue Out

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:42 pm
It's not even a real rainbow. Colors are missing.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:58 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
It's not even a real rainbow. Colors are missing.

Also not a 'real rainbow" - The Pride rainbow.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:59 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Just wanted to say that one of my pet peeves is when every single close friendship is interpreted as g@y. It’s not. I wrote a whole essay on Dovid and Yonasan proving this for college.
I am very lucky to have some amazing close friendships. People I would die for and love so so strongly. PLATONICALLY. Many of us have kids, platonic strong love is nothing new. I hate how nowadays no one talks about friendships. Everything is sexu@l love. Well in reality it’s not. There are many different kinds of relationships.

Care to share?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:56 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Also not a 'real rainbow" - The Pride rainbow.

And both are not as aesthetically pleasing as the real thing.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:09 pm
I def don’t see an issue with regular rainbow pics, the flag seems to be just stripes, not an actual rainbow image.

Honestly I never knew about the rainbow being associated with this, guess I’m rather sheltered.

My DD has a similar shirt to the one below, it comes in a number of diff colors, and on each the stripes are slightly diff as well. Would u see this shirt as an issue? It’s rainbow stripes, not a rainbow pic.

https://www.basiccolorsonline......shirt

OBnursemom

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:06 pm
I’ll be honest, if I was going to stop using rainbow things it would be because it’s representing Hashem wanting the world destroyed as opposed to any notions about it being ‘gay’. But I don’t think that’s the same either.

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:49 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Care to share?

Not really, lol. It was my first essay in college and I cringe at the writing. But the point stands.

invisiblecircus

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 11:24 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Funny...I saw a cute denim vest in target with the rainbow striping. I almost bought it, then realized it was part of a whole pride display.

Fast forward 2 weeks, and I was in junees, buying whatever camp ts were on sale. Low and behold, the cheapest clearance shirt was a gray t with almost identical rainbow striping. I bought it, but I do wonder if that's why its on sale. If my daughter was older and there was any chance of someone clueing her in, I wouldnt have bought it.

What? LOL LOL LOL

Oh wait, you mean you were buying T-shirts for your kids to wear at summer camp? wondering

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 11:26 am
invisiblecircus wrote:
What? LOL LOL LOL

Oh wait, you mean you were buying T-shirts for your kids to wear at summer camp? wondering

Indeed, that is humorous.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics