Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Our family is going through a crisis.. we need to get away
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:12 pm
We are a yeshivish family
Dh is in his 50’s - I’m 7 years younger in my 40’s
We have kids all ages...
I can’t go into details about what we are going through but it is heavy and effecting us all.
My husband is especially not doing well now with the pressure
I feel like it would be good for us to get away as a family for a few days..
We are near monsey... we could travel up to 3 hours
Of course this time of year I was thinking of the country
But where? Where would a yeshivish couple our age fit in?
Where would our kids be comfortable?

Any suggestions with minyanim and food would be so helpful...

Thank e

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:14 pm
Poconos- try woodloch. You can rent a house and there’s lots to do in the area.. don’t know abt a minyan...

Good luck

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:20 pm
Onsett MA 3.5 hrs from Monsey.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:24 pm
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.c......html

doctorima

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:49 pm
Tannersville NY - 4 shuls including Kibbutz B'nei Hayeshivos where you'll feel very comfortable, Country K grocery store with food, beautiful scenery, and not too far from Monsey

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:56 pm
We just got back from jiminy peak in Massachusetts. We stayed in the windham resort.

It’s amazing there. So family friendly. We stayed in a giant 2 bedroom suite for $99 a night! They have the best attractions on site. Even tons of activists for the kids if it rains.

My husband had minyan in a nearby Chabad. But they don’t always have minyan so you need to check before.

Wishing your family better times...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:04 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
We just got back from jiminy peak in Massachusetts. We stayed in the windham resort.

It’s amazing there. So family friendly. We stayed in a giant 2 bedroom suite for $99 a night! They have the best attractions on site. Even tons of activists for the kids if it rains.

My husband had minyan in a nearby Chabad. But they don’t always have minyan so you need to check before.

Wishing your family better times...

Can you tell us more about the activities you guys enjoyed? Did you bring all your food with you?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:10 pm
doctorima wrote:
Tannersville NY - 4 shuls including Kibbutz B'nei Hayeshivos where you'll feel very comfortable, Country K grocery store with food, beautiful scenery, and not too far from Monsey

I’m also interested in taking my family up to 3 hours from NYC for a Shabbos. Do you know pricing?
How would I go about finding a summer home or bungalow for a Shabbos? Monsey area or NJ would be best. Otherwise anywhere upstate NY.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:13 pm
Where do people stay in tannersville?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:21 pm
Lake George. Double check about the minyan.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:43 am
Tannersville has a few heimish-owned motels, and a few non-Jewish-owned motels, all in the same general vicinity. None are high-end national chain hotels. If you want something nicer, look into AirBNB/VRBO rentals in the area.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:03 am
I just received a PM from a poster who has a family-friendly house available for rent in Tannersville. She doesn't want to post under her SN for privacy reasons, but if OP PM's me, I can get you in touch with her.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where do people stay in tannersville?

Call Kalman (514) 991-9369

Nechamie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:12 am
Can you please share more details about jimneys peak massachusetts? What activities are there for kids? Name of the two bedroom suite for $99? Thank you!!

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:10 am
About jiminy peak-

We stayed in the Wyndham Bentley Brook in a 2 bedroom suite. It’s huge! It’s got a full kitchen, living room, jacuzzi, 2 baths and 2 bedrooms.

The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool, and a free theater. My kids did painting and tie dye T-shirt’s. They had more activities too.

They also have all the outdoor activities right in the back of the hotel. Like the mountain coasters and zip lining. It’s real fun.

Best of all is that it’s so family friendly. We love it there!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:53 pm
doctorima wrote:
I just received a PM from a poster who has a family-friendly house available for rent in Tannersville. She doesn't want to post under her SN for privacy reasons, but if OP PM's me, I can get you in touch with her.

Do you know the going rate for a Shabbos, from Friday afternoon through Sunday morning?
Private house rental or a motel?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:55 pm
doctorima wrote:
Tannersville has a few heimish-owned motels, and a few non-Jewish-owned motels, all in the same general vicinity. None are high-end national chain hotels. If you want something nicer, look into AirBNB/VRBO rentals in the area.

Do you have name and numbers for Jewish owner motels?
Non Jewish owned hotels?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:56 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Do you know the going rate for a Shabbos, from Friday afternoon through Sunday morning?
Private house rental or a motel?

I'm the one who PMed doctorima about this rental. It's a private house with 9 beds, a 10 minutewalk from Shuls. Price depends on the weekend you want it for.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:39 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I'm the one who PMed doctorima about this rental. It's a private house with 9 beds, a 10 minutewalk from Shuls. Price depends on the weekend you want it for.

9 beds or 9 bedrooms?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:45 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
9 beds or 9 bedrooms?

9 beds. 8 twin sized, one queen.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics