Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
How much can I charge for extended hours?

ah

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 10:49 am
Hi,
I currently run a babysitting group for infants in Israel. Im thinking of changing my hours to 2-6 pm for the much needed extended hours. (Many people in my community work american hours and need babysitters until their husbands are home). I know this is in big demand and want to know how much I can charge? Im thinking of only taking 3 kids in addition to one of my own. Is $8 an hour too much? This is an american community.
Thank you for your help!

watergirl

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 10:57 am
Please see the current threads re: Israelis thinking Americans (in and out of Israel) have more money. Do not gauge prices because the people come from the States. Not sure why that info is relevant in your post unless thats what you were thinking.

ah

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 11:03 am
Im American myself...I know that in my community in America you can charge $10 for such hours. This has nothing to do with israelis thinking americans have money, but me asking if its okay to charge that type of money in a different community, which happens to be in israel

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 11:15 am
If enough people are willing to pay the fee,
Why not?

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 11:17 am
For extended hours, you can charge time and a half. That's how it goes in my community. So if the regular charge is $7 and hour, overtime is $10.50.

creditcards

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 12:41 pm
I used to babysit in Both Park and never charged more for extended hours. I babysat from 9 to 5. If a parent needed later one day I did it for the same price if I was home and it matched my schedule. Otherwise I didn't do it.
Only time I charged more was at night for a simcha.
A parent even asked me once to bring her baby at 6 in the morning because she had an appointment in Manhattan. I charged the same price all the time.

yerushamama

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 12:59 pm
When parents ask me for later hours, I charge 20 - 25 nis per hour. If you are taking several children at a time, I would do a bit less, maybe 15.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries