Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Which shoe for a first time walker

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:29 pm
Hi

Title says it . Something stylish but not too expensive. I'd like to spend less than $40 if possible

Thank you

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:36 pm
Got to a proper shoe store who can fit the baby. We like strife rite

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:41 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Got to a proper shoe store who can fit the baby. We like strife rite

Which store in nyc fits well and has shoes for under $40? I can't afford more for a shoe that will be used only a couple of monthsm

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:43 pm
Harry’s, tip top

mom!

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:45 pm
Your toddler needs to be fit by a professional. Different shoes are best for different types of feet.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:49 pm
The child needs to get fitted properly. You might find on sale now. Otherwise, I doubt you'll find a good shoe for $40.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:51 pm
mom! wrote:
Your toddler needs to be fit by a professional. Different shoes are best for different types of feet.

I'm curious, what makes someone a professional shoe fitter? I just tried some sneakers on him. The front had too much space yet the sides were tight so I knew it wasn't right.

dak11

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:28 pm
I like Pediped. All their shoes are certified by the APMA.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:34 pm
I love Nordstrom and their big sale starts on Friday.

OBnursemom

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:01 pm
Get baby shoes with a flexible bottom. Pediped, See Kai Run, Umi, Robeez, Bobux, or others with a soft sole.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:14 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
Get baby shoes with a flexible bottom. Pediped, See Kai Run, Umi, Robeez, Bobux, or others with a soft sole.

I totally agree. Soft bottom shoes are more natural, to give kids the sensory input they need to feel where their center of balance is, and to navigate different textures underfoot.

I had DD in Robeez until we couldn't find her next size. After that, we bought her moccasins. I don't think we had her in hard soled shoes until the kindergarten dress code demanded it. Even then, she'd kick them off the second she got home.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:16 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I totally agree. Soft bottom shoes are more natural, to give kids the sensory input they need to feel where their center of balance is, and to navigate different textures underfoot.

I had DD in Robeez until we couldn't find her next size. After that, we bought her moccasins. I don't think we had her in hard soled shoes until the kindergarten dress code demanded it. Even then, she'd kick them off the second she got home.

Thank you! Are robeez good enough for walking on concrete?

gande

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:43 pm
Adidas sneakers are adorable I see all the toddlers wearing it.
Amazon has a nice collection of Geox in those sizes for a great price free returns.
I've had a first walker in saltwater sandals and they worked out great.
If you are really hung up on those fancy high tops in the Boro park stores, they should be on sale now or ask for last years.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:46 pm
gande wrote:
Adidas sneakers are adorable I see all the toddlers wearing it.
Amazon has a nice collection of Geox in those sizes for a great price free returns.
I've had a first walker in saltwater sandals and they worked out great.
If you are really hung up on those fancy high tops in the Boro park stores, they should be on sale now or ask for last years.

No I don't want dress shoes. I was thinking more in the direction of those sock sneakers or converse. I'll check out the ones you mentioned.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 2:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! Are robeez good enough for walking on concrete?

They are great for concrete, gravel, sand, grass, pretty much anything except rain or snow because they are not waterproof.

The sensory input they give your child is so valuable, especially on unstable surfaces.

(And the patterns are absolutely adorable. I wish they made them in larger sizes.)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 2:45 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
They are great for concrete, gravel, sand, grass, pretty much anything except rain or snow because they are not waterproof.

The sensory input they give your child is so valuable, especially on unstable surfaces.

(And the patterns are absolutely adorable. I wish they made them in larger sizes.)

OK thank you. My kids pretty much are barefoot all the time except on concrete/gravel because I wanr them to get the sensory input.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics