Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Double Stroller

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 2:56 pm
I am expecting twins and looking for a double stroller that can hold two bassinets. Anyone know of such a thing besides a bugaboo which is out of my price range?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:24 pm
Mountain buggy duet can take 2 bassinets, tho they are quite narrow as it's a narrow frame, but the bassinet also converts to forward facing parent seats. It can also take 2 car seats, but one sits higher than the other. The regular seats can b used from birth as they lie flat, so you could manage without any bassinets if you chose.

If you don't want side by side the city select or britax b-ready both take 2 bassinets, one on top the other, as do many of the other tandem doubles

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:30 pm
Thank you for the information. I really want side by side. Do you know if the citi mini can hold two bassinets?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:01 pm
I also wanted only side by side and ended up with the mountain buggy duet in the end.

I think the city mini double can, but only the newer model can take the 2 bassinets/car seats.
Equally you could get a soft bassinet that slots into the regular seats of any double, like mountain buggy's cocoon-most of the companies make such a bassinet and they're often universal, so you could get a different make to the stroller-they usually attach by the d-rings of the straps.
https://mountainbuggy.com/us/B.....ocoon

Just remember once you start adding in all the extras like the bassinets, it does start to get more expensive-I got my mountain buggy duet reduced to clear because they had brought out the newer model and the store was getting rid of the older stock-and added the bassinet from ex-display.
Bassinets are often not used for so long, and you might be able to get it second hand, if you would do that.

Also will say make sure you know your measurements-city mini double is much wider than the mountain buggy duet-the city mini double wouldn't fit through my door.

Surrendered

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:32 pm
You can buy the Bugaboo second hand for a great price. I can search for the contact number of two shops who sell second hand, if you're interested. Please PM me if interested. Bshaa Tova, May all go smoothly.

User50

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:43 pm
Hi, I have the Bugaboo from my twins including two bassinets that I’m interested in selling you could pm me.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:01 am
I have a citi mini double already from my other kids. I wanted to see if I can get bassinets that fit in. Thats why I am asking. I really dont want another double.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a citi mini double already from my other kids. I wanted to see if I can get bassinets that fit in. Thats why I am asking. I really dont want another double.

According to their website, you can use two compact pram bassinets (they have other options that won't work) if you have a double city mini from 2011 or later.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:10 am
Where did you see that? I searched all over. Lol. Ok. I am going to take that information then Smile I hope it really works. Thanks everyone!

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where did you see that? I searched all over. Lol. Ok. I am going to take that information then Smile I hope it really works. Thanks everyone!

On the website faq section, talking about differences between different bassinets https://www.babyjogger.com/en-US/faqs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more