Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Protect your family!!!!
  1  2  3  17  18  19  Next

Ravenclaw

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:39 pm
In the scary world today, we must take action to prevent the slightest avak of impurity.
Personally I stopped serving tzmmis and potato kugel on Friday night, because I was afraid the black and orange would lead people to think I celebrate Halloween. My family missed the kugel though, so lately I have been adding blue food coloring to it to preserve my family’s kedushas habayis.

What have you eschewed recently for Yiddishkeit?

rachelmom1

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:42 pm
Please rethink what you are doing. Avoiding Halloween is nice but using blue kugel and white chicken sounds like a Zionist to me. You tell me which is worse.

aricelli

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:55 pm
I’m not really understanding your line of thinking. Blue food coloring is reminiscent of blue eye shadow which is clearly wrong. Otoh- techailes is blue as well and thats a good thing right? I guess you get a pass at that. Just dont use other color food coloring because it may look like a rainbow and rainbows are bad- right? Oh - judaism is so confusing to me

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:03 pm
Yay! Summer! When people have time to use their sense of humor!
Great to see all u friendly faces again!

Im with you, Ravenclaw. I have BANNED butternut squash completely, even in soups! Completely for Hashem of course. What if my husband chas vshalom chas vshalom, walks in and sees that hourglass figure?! Then what! Therapy again?

No! We are Jews! No more sxy butternut squash trying to lure our husbands away from us!

I avoid fruit stores altogether now. Different story...

fraimal

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:04 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:

Im with you, Ravenclaw. I have BANNED butternut squash completely, even in soups! Completely for Hashem of course. What if my husband chas vshalom chas vshalom, walks in and sees that hourglass figure?! Then what! Therapy again?

No! We are Jews! No more sxy butternut squash trying to lure our husbands away from us!

Welcome back Jewish foodie! I missed ur humor!

Einikel

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:06 pm
I stay indoors not to be c”v nichshal any men. I only leave once a month to go to the Mikva.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:07 pm
As we speak, my mailman just casually handed me the Macys jewelry catalogue. What if I wouldnt have been here right this moment?

The pure hashgacha pratus of it, it makes me weep!

Did u see the page with the necklaces? Dont look! Necks everywhere! And Hashem knew this nisayon was coming my way so he made my husband get stuck in traffic...all so I could rip the Macys catalogue so no one else is nichshal and throw it into 18 different garbage cans so it cant be put together...

We must be sooo wary..shmutz just creeps in with the grocery order...

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:08 pm
fraimal wrote:
Welcome back Jewish foodie! I missed ur humor!

Why thank you! Its truly a pleasure to have time to be back!

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:12 pm
Just got a delivery of underwear. Chutzpa that they write "panties" right on the package! For the whole world to see!

I changed all the letter "p"'s to B's so I will confuse my husband.so he wont chas vshalom see...panties. Banties, now, that could be a food. Correct?

Einikel

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:13 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Just got a delivery of underwear. Chutzpa that they write "panties" right on the package! For the whole world to see!

I changed all the letter "p"'s to B's so I will confuse my husband.so he wont chas vshalom see...panties. Banties, now, that could be a food. Correct?

I do without them for this reason

aricelli

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:20 pm
What are panties?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:31 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:

Banties also known as Bantum are a type of chicken. My sons bought baby Banty chicks. So Banties being a food is not that far off 😀

aricelli

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:33 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Banties also known as Bantum are a type of chicken. My sons bought baby Banty chicks. So Banties being a food is not that far off 😀

Its a very slippery slope

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:46 pm
Einikel wrote:
I do without them for this reason
Very Happy

Isha k'shairah

happyone

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 6:03 pm
love you all! I needed this thread today.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 6:12 pm
No melons for any boys over the age of 3, for sure.

And while I used to love tomatoes in a fresh green salad, its far too reminiscent of that December holiday that shall not be named.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 6:15 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
No melons for any boys over the age of 3, for sure.

And while I used to love tomatoes in a fresh green salad, its far too reminiscent of that December holiday that shall not be named.

And I had to call an arborist to remove the Evergreen trees from my front yard. We don’t want to cause any maras ayin , and have people think we celebrate.

Yummymummy3

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 6:18 pm
Ha ha. This is a good thread.
Brill.
Keep em coming.

rachelmom1

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 6:18 pm
With all the equality talk now days. I've banned all squash from my home. The green ones aren't kosher for our thoughts.

Jewishfoodie wrote:

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 6:21 pm
On the topic of maras ayin, it can be a serious issue to have a big white beard.
Especially if you are a plump Zeidy.
Page 1 of 19   1  2  3  17  18  19  Next Recent Topics