Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Protect your family!!!!
  Previous  1  2  3   17  18  19  Next

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:21 pm
rachelmom1 wrote:
With all the equality talk now days. I've banned all squash from my home. The green ones aren't kosher for our thoughts.

Well then it’s time to toss the bananas and cucumbers too. I feel bad for all the frum vegetable and fruit store owners but , we have standards you know.

rachelmom1

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:21 pm
On a more serious note, is anyone else makpid to only have the men wear only baseball caps. The kippa thing is too similar to the pope.

rachelmom1

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:23 pm
Are you kidding they're doing great now. We're all buying tons of "kale" :-)

thunderstorm wrote:
Well then it’s time to toss the bananas and cucumbers too. I feel bad for all the frum vegetable and fruit store owners but , we have standards you know.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:23 pm
rachelmom1 wrote:
With all the equality talk now days. I've banned all squash from my home. The green ones aren't kosher for our thoughts.

My granddaughters' stationary had a (rainbow) on it. I colored it in brown and told her its a shofar. Now im going with my crayon to Childrens Place...wish me luck

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:24 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
On the topic of maras ayin, it can be a serious issue to have a big white beard.
Especially if you are a plump Zeidy.

If Zeidy wears a red bekesha then it would be prolematic. But because he wears black pants and a white shirt there is what to be meikil on. If he wears red suspenders it’s still bidieved ok. But of course we asked our clean shaven Rav to be sure .

Metukah

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:26 pm
Welcome back Jewish foodie. We missed you.

Don't disappear again.

crl

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:28 pm
rachelmom1 wrote:
Are you kidding they're doing great now. We're all buying tons of "kale" :-)

Kale?!! Chas v’shalom! That’s too trendy! That’s considered derech akum! We wouldn’t want to be like the non jews, would we??!

I’ll daven for you.

Metukah

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:28 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
On the topic of maras ayin, it can be a serious issue to have a big white beard.

I've banned my father for visiting for that reason.

Can't have the neighbours suspecting.

rachelmom1

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:33 pm
OMG. Never thought of it in that light. I thought if it has g-ds name in it it's the best option. DH and I been drinking that green stuff for ages. What is the proper teshuva?
crl wrote:
Kale?!! Chas v’shalom! That’s too trendy! That’s considered derech akum! We wouldn’t want to be like the non jews, would we??!

I’ll daven for you.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:34 pm
Metukah wrote:
Welcome back Jewish foodie. We missed you.

Don't disappear again.

Thank you! Im less busy in the summer Baruch Hashem.. so I utilize that time to 'kosher up'. Like, spoons and ..the other utensil. We no longer allow the word (f@rk) in our home. Its too similar to chukas hagoyim. Spork is still okay. Until u try to eat with one...

Edited for summer spelling

Last edited by Jewishfoodie on Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

mybusyima

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:49 pm
I am rolling from laughter LOL

Einikel

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:50 pm
mybusyima wrote:
I am rolling from laughter LOL

Totally not eidel

Yummymummy3

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:55 pm
Flip Flops wrote:

Ha ha. My Rabbi often gets called Santa. 😂

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:55 pm
I’m being very makbid on כל כבודה בת מלך פנימה and making my dh do all my outdoor errands including my weekly grocery order. It’s been a week since I gave him the long list and still haven’t heard from him.

Metukah

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:57 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Thank you! Im less busy in the summer Baruch Hashem.. so I utilize that time to 'kosher up'. Like, spoons and ..the other utensil. We no longer allow the word (f@rk) in our home. Its too similar to chukas hagoyim. Spork is still okay. Until u try to eat with one...

Edited for summer spelling

Great kabbala to use a spork.

Make time for us.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:00 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
If Zeidy wears a red bekesha then it would be prolematic. But because he wears black pants and a white shirt there is what to be meikil on. If he wears red suspenders it’s still bidieved ok. But of course we asked our clean shaven Rav to be sure .

Black and white resembles a penguin and penguins are animals and animals are tameh so...

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:01 pm
Einikel wrote:
Totally not eidel

Speaking of eidel... Whats with that song Eidelweiss? Sounds like a nice frum girl..it's not! Its a white flower. A white flower.

As Jews, we must not be racially insensitive. Black flowers have to be accepted too, and be able to ride our school buses and sit where they wish. Thats how we make a KIDDUSH HASHEM.

Yummymummy3

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:02 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Black and white resembles a penguin and penguins are animals and animals are tameh so...

Oh no. So now you are saying no animals as well as no food!! What will we all eat or do? No zoos or farms this summer. No food either. Banging head

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:03 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I’m being very makbid on כל כבודה בת מלך פנימה and making my dh do all my outdoor errands including my weekly grocery order. It’s been a week since I gave him the long list and still haven’t heard from him.

I’d rather do some outdoor errands myself because I’m afraid others will cause my DH to be nichshal. So I started wearing a garbage bag to cover my curves when I take the garbage out to the can.

I also email my grocery order to the grocery but I use a special email address “eidelmeidel@hotmail so that the man taking my order doesn’t think I’m flirting or giving off vibes by emailing from my personal email address.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:06 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I’d rather do some outdoor errands myself because I’m afraid others will cause my DH to be nichshal. So I started wearing a garbage bag to cover my curves when I take the garbage out to the can.

I also email my grocery order to the grocery but I use a special email address “eidelmeidel@hotmail so that the man taking my order doesn’t think I’m flirting or giving off vibes by emailing from my personal email address.

Im growing a mustache for exactly that reason.
Page 2 of 19   Previous  1  2  3   17  18  19  Next Recent Topics