Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
28 Day Fast Metabolism Diet - anyone ?
1  2  Next

cinnabon

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:32 pm
I know some ppl who did this diet and lost nicely. My husband and I just started the diet this week. It’s pretty difficult and strict but so far it’s manageable .
Another thing- I’m feeling pretty weak physically and I heard that it’s Normal for first weeks
Anyone here tried this diet plan?
Any tips? What’s your take on it?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:41 pm
What happens after you( and your family) suffer for 28 days? You gain it all back plus? A normal diet consists of you feeling normal and you losing 2 pounds a week.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:44 pm
What is the diet?

cinnabon

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:54 pm
Basically this diet is meant to train and boost your metabolism so that when you’re off the diet your metabolism works faster and you don’t gain as fast. I know quite a few ppl who did this diet back in the winter for 28 days and haven’t gained weight since they’re off.
You can google 28day fast metabolism diet , buy the book, or download the app

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 10:36 pm
I did it. Its a great normal diet where you dont starve. But dont expect to loose as much weight as theh promise. U can dowload the app for like 2.99 that makes stuff so much easier with all measurements etc. Good luck!

jerusalem90

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:49 am
https://www.healthline.com/nut.....sides

This gives a good summary of the diet, if anyone is interested.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 2:13 am
Be very careful about the weakness. I did this diet and I lost nicely but I felt so weak. After about 10 days I started spotting and it lasted for a few weeks even though I stopped the diet right when I started spotting.
I want to my ob to check out the spotting. He asked me right away if I was on a low carb diet. He was quite angry with me that I didn't consult with anyone before starting this diet. And I'm healthy and young!

I good diet should give you energy and not make you weak. I did weight watchers and other diets after that and I lost weight and still felt good and energic.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 6:59 pm
I did it three times as well as some friends. Dont expect to lose as much. I didnt lose at all until I cut back on some water and some food.I did lose 8 pounds and kept off 5... the key is to stay healthy with normal portion sizes after. Interestingly enough I know a few people who got pregnant on the diet. It improves ovulation and stabilizes cycle lengths in my experience. The key to a diet is to stay truthful and do it all the way, them learn your body and adjust accordingly. Good luck!

Gneshe

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 7:35 pm
I know some ppl who lost a lot on this diet. I personally tried it and didn't lose much. However, I felt great on it and didn't stop for a while just because I felt it was such a healthy way to eat.

cinnabon

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:23 pm
I just started this week and already lost 2 pounds so far, so I’m happy abt that .
But phase 2 is sooo hard for me. I’m craving starch and fruit. Im determined to get thru the 28 days cuz I’m
Really desperate to lose weight, but it ain’t easy

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:35 pm
Omg those wed mornings are a nightmare but I tell myself it's only 2 days and then Friday I can have my rice cakes and almond butter and I get excited.... and then do laughs at how pathetic I sound getting excited for Friday! U can do it! Its definitely a doable diet to stick out the 28+ days! Good luck

cinnabon

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:51 pm
Thanks for the encouragement!!
Yes I’m so excited to have spelt matza and actual egg with the yolk lol
Did you lose nicely on this plan another wheat?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:55 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Be very careful about the weakness. I did this diet and I lost nicely but I felt so weak. After about 10 days I started spotting and it lasted for a few weeks even though I stopped the diet right when I started spotting.
I want to my ob to check out the spotting. He asked me right away if I was on a low carb diet. He was quite angry with me that I didn't consult with anyone before starting this diet. And I'm healthy and young!

I good diet should give you energy and not make you weak. I did weight watchers and other diets after that and I lost weight and still felt good and energic.

Firstly, this is not a low carb diet. At least as laid out in the explanation someone listed above.

Secondly, in a low carb diet, one would eat salt if one felt that way. And then one would feel fine again. Ridiculous to say low carb diets cause spotting.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:56 pm
cinnabon wrote:
I just started this week and already lost 2 pounds so far, so I’m happy abt that .
But phase 2 is sooo hard for me. I’m craving starch and fruit. Im determined to get thru the 28 days cuz I’m
Really desperate to lose weight, but it ain’t easy

If you don’t eat them, you won’t crave them.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:58 pm
flowerpower wrote:
What happens after you( and your family) suffer for 28 days? You gain it all back plus? A normal diet consists of you feeling normal and you losing 2 pounds a week.

By that definition, a normal diet will eventually make you disappear.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 11:02 pm
I lost 8 and kept off 5 and I have not been careful it's been stressful and I stress eat. So I think that's good....wish I would've lost more I plateaued after 5 weeks so I just gave up 2 weeks after.... thinking of starting something similar just to shake it up again...

Rappel

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 5:00 am
You know what really speeds up your metabolism? A shot of lemon juice mixed with cayenne, first thing in the morning. You'll notice a difference within a few days - you'll feel a bit more hungry, thinner, and more energetic as well - but heads up, it tastes nasty!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 6:04 am
andrea levy wrote:
Firstly, this is not a low carb diet. At least as laid out in the explanation someone listed above.

Secondly, in a low carb diet, one would eat salt if one felt that way. And then one would feel fine again. Ridiculous to say low carb diets cause spotting.

I never said that low carb diet causes spotting. The weakness caused it. When my ob saw that I was healthy and there was no reason to the spotting, the first question was if I changed my diet. So I said yes. He explained that the low carb is what made me so weak.
And if you never did this diet you have no idea what it is. Let me explain:
There are 3 levels of loosing weight. The more you eat the more weight you loose.
It's also devided in 3 fases
Fade 1 is a good mix of proteins, starch and fruits/vegetables. (very little starch, example: One slice of bread 3 times a day)
Fase 2 is only proteins vegetables
Fase 3 is a mix again but less starch

It's definitely a low carb diet

I also wanto add that op mentioned that she is weak that's why I said to be careful. I started spotting because I'm not fat, I just wanted to lose some weight and give a boost to my metabolic system. And for me this diet was not good.
Many people need to go on low carb diets for medical reasons and they are very ok with it. The problem is when you feel weak

cinnabon

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 6:48 am
Uh oh. You’re scaring me. I was hoping the weakness is only due to phase 2 no carbs/sugar/fats . But hopefully today till Tuesday when the food options are not as limited I’ll feel better

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 6:53 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I never said that low carb diet causes spotting. The weakness caused it. When my on saw that I was healthy the first question was if I changed my diet. So I said yes. He explained that the low carb is what made me so weak.
And if you never did this diet you have no idea what it is. Let me explain:
There are 3 levels of loosing weight. The more you eat the more weight you loose.
It's also devided in 3 fases. ( example: One slice of bread 3 times a day)
Fase one is a good mix of carbs proteins and fruits/vegetables.
Fase 2 is only proteins vegetables
Fase 3 is a mix again but less starch

It's definitely a low carb diet

I also wanto add that op mentioned that she is weak that's why I said to be careful. I started spotting because I'm not fat, I just wanted to lose some weight and give a boost to my metabolic system. And for me this diet was not good.
Many people need to go on low carb diets for medical reasons and they are very ok with it. The problem is when you feel weak

People on truly low carb diets feel amazing unless they are dehydrated. If this is low enough in inflammatory food and one is eating enough for their body, the answer is adding salt to the diet.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise