Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Att: Wig Stylists - Question

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 9:37 pm
I bought a wig from someone new (Israeli, not in my town)
The hair is nice, but puffs up and doesn't stay sleek. I called her, and she said I can send it in to her to do a process to make it smooth/sleek/straight.
The cost would be $180

Question: is there really something to do to change the texture of wavy/puffy hair to make it sleek/straight?

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 9:41 pm
Yes a keratin treatment usually helps but it's not permanent.
Also check to make sure that your wig isn't just too full. Maybe it needs to be thinned.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 9:43 pm
When did you buy the wig? If it was recently (6-1year) the company should fu r you the treatment for free. And yes it does help.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 9:55 pm
She does her own line and I doubt she will do it as a courtesy. I got it less than 6 mnths ago.

I have keratin creams, but I think the hair is not the sleek texture I wanted. It's not very full, just more of a natural wave and doesn't last as styled.

debsey

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She does her own line and I doubt she will do it as a courtesy. I got it less than 6 mnths ago.

I have keratin creams, but I think the hair is not the sleek texture I wanted. It's not very full, just more of a natural wave and doesn't last as styled.

Why is she not standing by her product?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:20 am
She'll probably say she sold it as is. This is the texture. I didn't specify I want straight, but assumed the hair would be nice as it felt fine. However, when I go out and come home - it's poofed up.

Like most shaitel machers, she will try to make more money.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:01 am
Tell her you want her to exchange it for a wig that doesn't poof and frizz. Hopefully she'll realize that she needs to do the treatment for you at no cost. But no, the hair won't change permanently but it probably will get better.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She'll probably say she sold it as is. This is the texture. I didn't specify I want straight, but assumed the hair would be nice as it felt fine. However, when I go out and come home - it's poofed up.

Like most shaitel machers, she will try to make more money.

I’m sorry but that is not ok. She must stand behind her product. If it’s very frizzy knotty and or dead she must help you.

My shaitel macher did it for me. And it was over 6 months.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:49 am
SuperWify wrote:
I’m sorry but that is not ok. She must stand behind her product. If it’s very frizzy knotty and or dead she must help you.

My shaitel macher did it for me. And it was over 6 months.

She didn't say it's frizzy and knotty. She said the hair is nice just not the texture she expected, yet she didn't communicate her expectation to the SM.
I believe if the SM is new and trying to build her brand she should rectify this at no charge so she can make a good name for herself. But technically she didn't sell a defective wig. SM isn't a mind reader. If you didn't specify you want a sleek straight wig you'll probably not be getting that. Especially if it's expensive unprocessed hair.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 9:15 am
asmileaday wrote:
She didn't say it's frizzy and knotty. She said the hair is nice just not the texture she expected, yet she didn't communicate her expectation to the SM.
I believe if the SM is new and trying to build her brand she should rectify this at no charge so she can make a good name for herself. But technically she didn't sell a defective wig. SM isn't a mind reader. If you didn't specify you want a sleek straight wig you'll probably not be getting that. Especially if it's expensive unprocessed hair.

Exactly.

Although the hair does feel more natural- unprocessed, there are some dark hairs that stand out and are not smooth, and I find myself constantly brushing it or taming it down with some smoothing cream.

How do I go about asking her to exchange? I mean, she'll tell me it was cut already!!
(I recut it again thinking a bit shorter might help) She will never want to hear about it and I feel stuck with it.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 9:36 am
I think ra_mom meant you should ask for an exchange, not because she will actually do it, just to make hart realize it's more worthwhile for her to do the treatment at no charge.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:30 am
I told her I am making Bar Mitzva next yr and want to get another wig, but she didn't offer anything unless I invest more $$ which I'm not sure will be worth it even.

Am I nasty if I tell her that I wouldn't buy by her, if she doesn't help me with this one? I did buy one last yr by her and loved it. This one was even more $$ but not the same hair...
Sigh.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:45 am
Im a SM. The right thing to do is to service it free of charge. Not very intelligent on her part to "push customers away" but she can risk that if $180 is worth it to her to lose good clients and not have a good name on the street....

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 11:27 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Im a SM. The right thing to do is to service it free of charge. Not very intelligent on her part to "push customers away" but she can risk that if $180 is worth it to her to lose good clients and not have a good name on the street....

Agreed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics