Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Streaks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 11:22 pm
This problem is huge to me. How do you clean glass, mirror, shiny granite, chrome, black tiles, so there are no streak marks.

Also how do you get rid of streaks on high gloss painted doors? A cleaning lady washed them once without permission. I don't want to repaint.

headabovewater

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 11:26 pm
For glass and mirrors use glass cleaner like Windex with newspaper. Comes out great.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:51 am
headabovewater wrote:
For glass and mirrors use glass cleaner like Windex with newspaper. Comes out great.

Newspaper is used. Still see streaks in certain light.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 6:22 pm
Don't clean on dry, sunny days because the glass will dry too quickly. That's what causes streaks. Also, if the surface is really grimy, you need to preclean first, wipe off, then rewet and wipe dry with a clean cloth or paper.

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:36 pm
Microfiber cloths work for me.

mom!

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 9:26 pm
Be sure you are ONLY using a glass cleaner and nothing else.
Good luck!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 9:32 pm
Microfiber cloth folded into quarters. Spray cloth (not the glass) with windex. Wipe horizontally in same direction all the way down (like left to right or right to left. Dont switch). Use the dry side of the cloth to wipe away the windex vertically in the same direction the whole time.

Marigold

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 11:55 pm
Use windex or a mix of ammonia and water. (I have a ready spray bottle I filled myself.) spray the window and
Or glass and use 100p cotton rags only. Make sure to wipe in one direction. Comes out beautifully.

MamO3

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 5:22 am
E-cloth for glass is a game changer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics