Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Baltimore's Day Schools

amother

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 4:18 pm
We are thinking of moving to baltimore but I know nothing about the area. Can someone please give me a list of the elementary schools and their hashkafos?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 6:09 pm
Bais Yaakov (all girls)- big mix of people, the original BY elementary

Bnos Yisroel (all girls)- newer BY-type school, was established to be more yeshivish but in reality it also has a mix

Talmudical Academy (TA) (all boys)- of the two all boys' schools it's the "less yeshivish", more of a mix

Torah Institute (also called Yeshiva Kochav Yitzchak or She'eris Haplaita) (all boys)- yeshivish/cheder

Yeshivat Rambam (co-ed)- "modern" zionist/torah u'mada hashkafa, pretty much all families are shomer shabbos/fully frum

Beth Tfiloh (co-ed)- community day school, mostly non-shomer-shabbos students, frum hanhala

If you have any specific questions, let me know and we'll figure out how to get in contact through PM.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 7:05 pm
amother wrote:

Quote:
Yeshivat Rambam (co-ed)- "modern" zionist/torah u'mada hashkafa, pretty much all families are shomer shabbos/fully frum

Rambam is in the process of separating their entire school. So it's a MO school, but will be completely separate boys and girls within the next couple of years.

ektsm

Post Sat, Apr 08 2006, 9:22 pm
wow what a concise list.

Expecting

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 1:59 pm
Quote:

Rambam is in the process of separating their entire school. So it's a MO school, but will be completely separate boys and girls within the next couple of years.

will it be completely separate or within the same building, the highschool has separate classes, but they are all in the same building and hang out together and have recess together. feel free to pm me if you want

amother

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 2:03 pm
ektsm wrote:
wow what a concise list.

why..... are you from brooklyn and concider this 'concise?'

amother

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 2:53 pm
Rambam is not planning on separating grades 1-3. Some of the mothers there do cover their hair and wear skirts only, but I would not say they are the majority. I know some "modern yeshivish" people who work there who are not comfortable sending their kids there, despite the free tuition.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 1:57 pm
I"m from Baltimore and I thought it was a pretty concise list too. Tongue Out

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:50 pm
Does anyone know the differences between Bais Yaakov and Bnos?

chanieTLS

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:50 am
free tuition? tell me more !!!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 7:04 am
The tuition is only free (if this still holds) at Rambam if you work there.

I am looking into Bais Yaakov and Bnos in Balt. Does anyone know the differences?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 10:56 am
amother wrote:

I am looking into Bais Yaakov and Bnos in Balt. Does anyone know the differences?

Since Bais Yaakov is the "default" school there is more of a mix. That being said, there are lots of yeshivish families there, but there are less modern families in Bnos.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 11:18 am
amother wrote:

You get a price break, but AFAIK, it's not free. I have family that worked there in order to get a price break. Maybe it was different because it wasn't full time work - however, I have a feeling that if she could've gotten completely free tuition by working there full-time, she would have.

baskrox

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 2:08 pm
I think you should meet with principals of both schools and check out the feeling of the school for yourself, but in general bais yaakov is a much bigger school with 4-6 parallel classes for each grade, while Bnos yisroel has 1 or 2. it's hard to tell you the difference b/w the schools cuz I don't know whats important to you. torah education? secular education? middos education? amt. of homework/pressure? class size? focus on individual...
Again, meet with both schools and ask all your questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics